Friday, November 25, 2011

My Idea of Black Friday Shopping

So, I'm sitting at my parents' home using bootleg internet from our neighbors...the home computer apparently went haywire and my poor hubby now has to fix it over the weekend...he never gets a break from his job!

Today my mom, sister, and I did a little shopping around my small hometown. One wouldn't even have known that it was black Friday, which I love! I stopped in to the cutest place on Main Street called the Retro Room. The gorgeous gal who runs it went to high school with me and it was so great to catch up with her a little bit! She turned a little shop on the corner of main street into a beautiful little vintage boutique with great styling, pretty pictures on the walls, and of course so much amazing eye candy for anyone who loves vintage. There are hats, dresses, shoes, accessories... I was drooling on everything, I'm sure of it. :) Aaaand I may have accidentally walked out of the shop with a seafoam green vintage cardigan that I'm kind of in love with....I swear it was an accident...don't tell my hubby? :D
Thanks to Alex for being so welcoming and showing us around the shop! I absolutely loved visiting!




My gorgeous sister and I :)












My mama and I made two pies and four different types of squash tonight in preparation for tomorrow. Our Thanksgiving will be tomorrow as we wait for my sister and her hubby and two boys to arrive. I cannot wait to hang out with family and friends and stuff my face with squash! haha. We decided to try different types of squash to see how they tasted, and my verdict is definitely in favor of buttercup! The others we tried were butternut, acorn, and one other that we couldn't figure out. Those were ok, but we definitely had to add sugar and cinnamon to make them taste good. Buttercup is just good all on its own :)
Now that I've bored you with tales of squash.....



















I hope everyone had a lovely Thanksgiving...the weekend isn't over yet, so I hope you don't read this until Monday and that you're all spending time with your families right now! I'm off to watch some sort of a Hallmark movie with my mama...:)
God Bless!
KJA

Colossians 3:17
And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.


Wearing:
Earrings-Forever 21
Bag-Coach, thrifted
Blazer-Vintage
Top-Shopko
Scarf-Vintage
Jeggings-Charlotte Russe
Shoes-Vera Wang, Kohl's

2 comments:

Sarah said...

What a great look. I adore your boots and your coat. Both are super cute.

thequeenofwanderlust.blogspot.com

Marisa Noelle said...

The Retro Room surely sounds like a place I would fall in love with:) My hubs and I did some small town shopping too and it was a little crazy indeed.

Mmm buttercup squash? I need to try this:) I stuck to the sweet potato casserole this year.

Glad you have a lovely Thanksgiving! You look so pretty and put together as always. And I am bootlegging some sketchy internet too since we just moved and here where I live it takes like 3 weeks to get it installed!

xx Marisa