Sunday, November 6, 2011

I Fear the Wind

Hello all! What a lovely Sunday it is :) Ok, so the weather doesn't agree with that statement, but I'll say it anyway.
It's horridly windy outside. It's a good thing I sprayed my hair this morning or it wouldn't have even made it into the church this morning.
In more exciting news, Sean has been asked to help out running the soundboard a few Sundays at church! I may sing as part of the worship team as well...but we'll see on that one. God is good! We've been trying to get more involved, but just haven't had the opportunity to do so, so I'm excited that they asked Sean to be a part of running sound. He used to run the soundboard for his youth group back in the day, but it's been a few years now!








This bright corduroy dress is just perfect for the colder weather. The pattern is super colorful, but somehow still fall-like, and you can't go wrong with corduroy in the cool weather! Well, ok you CAN, but we won't get into that right now.
Yet another one of my grandmother's dresses that I love to wear. It makes me wonder when and where she wore the dress, and what she was doing in it! Cooking perhaps? Teaching? No doubt reading at some point :)






Sean and I went out and bought Dance Central 2 today because it was on sale. I've been playing it all afternoon and am ready for a break! What a great workout! I love to dance. I wish they would come out with a dance game that used Christian music though. I don't want to dance to some of the songs on there because the lyrics are so raunchy...but for the most part I love the game!









Hope you have a relaxing Sunday!
God Bless,
KJA

Jeremiah 29:12-13
Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.




Wearing:
Dress-Vintage, grandmother's
Coat-Vintage, thrifted
Tights-Walmart
Shoes- Thrifted
Earrings-Forever 21

2 comments:

Midwest Muse said...

This dress + your hair + those shoes + coat = BEST OUTFIT

Seriously!!! I'm in love with this!

Also the new header is really cool! If you ever want some design help, I'd love to assist you.

Marisa Noelle said...

First off, congrats on passing your Praxis!! Yay!!

I love this cord dress. How awesome that it was your grandmother's. I prize both of my grandmothers' pieces the most and always feel extra special wearing them. It is quite a gorgeous piece and fun as well.

Years back, my hubby and I actually had a Christian dance game that we used for our youth group (my hubs was a youth pastor...now lead pastor). I think it was called dance dance praise. I'm not even sure what console we used for it or if they still make a current version of it, but the kiddos loved it:)