Saturday, July 21, 2012

Thank Goodness for Netflix...

I was supposed to get my wisdom teeth out yesterday. However, the fever of 102 degrees I contracted required the appointment to be cancelled....sigh. I got some nasty virus which left me bedridden for nearly two days. So today, with my fever at bay, Sean and I decided to go walk around the mall for a little while. I figured it would get me up and walking around without having to withstand the heat outside. Plus (surprise, surprise) shopping made me feel quite a bit better and I even got a couple of fun purchases! Talk about literal retail therapy. Anyway, I got out my trusty 7up to make sure that I got my fluids ;) (is that what you drink when you are sick?) and now I'm back on the couch eating tylenol and ice cream and soup. One hour out of the house was about all I could stand. Thank goodness for netflix! I really have been getting sick a lot this year (due to exposure to tiny children who sneeze on your face) and I don't know what I would have done without netflix...gone, like, crazy I suppose. My latest show is My Fair Wedding-makes me want to get married a second time!
Hope your Saturday was peachy keen!
God Bless!
KJA

Deuteronomy 7:9
Understand, therefore, that the LORD your God is indeed God. He is the faithful God who keeps his covenant for a thousand generations and lavishes his unfailing love on those who love him and obey his commands.
















Wearing-
Earrings- Vintage
Top- JC Penny (old)
Shorts- Kmart (very old)
Shoes- Charlotte Russe
Bag- Vintage Coach
Sunnies- Walmart

12 comments:

Ali Hval said...

Yes, tiny children who sneeze on your face and don't wash their hands after sneezing into their hands and touching everything definitely would result in sickness... darn! I hope that you get well soon, though. On the up side, you've found some neat new shows to watch on TV! :)

That bag is to die for--it looks so very study and the color is just gorgeous! You can never go wrong with the perfect vintage Coach. :D

Beth (Coffee Until Cocktails) said...

Ugg, sorry to hear you've been sick! Being sick in the summer is the worst. I had H1N1 two summers ago and it was the most miserable week of my life! I'm glad you got some fun purchases to help you feel better though! And hopefully you can get your wisdom teeth taken care of soon enough so you can have that out of the way too!

Love your purple shirt!

Bonnie said...

I am so sorry to hear that you were sick! That's awful. :( At least you had Netflix.

http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88

Midwest Muse said...

I don't know which is worse, being sick or having to get your wisdom teeth removed. I still haven't done that. Kind of terrified.

Purple suits you and I think it's so cute that you're drinking a bottled soda with a straw.

Head to Toe Chic said...

I love your bag!! It's gorgeous. Following you now.

xo,
Angela
headtotoechic.blogspot.com

Heather said...

Hope you are feeling better! And yes I would be so lost without my netflix :) That purple is gorgeous on you!

XO
www.pearlsandpaws.blogspot.com

Marisa Noelle said...

Netflix is definitely a savior on the sicks days I agree! Hope you feel better Katie - though I'm not sure which is the greater of the two evils - a fever or getting your wisdom teeth pulled. I guess all the ice cream you will eat will make the latter a little more rewarding:)

These photos are adorable! Cute and casual and I love that 3rd to last one of you droning the 7up:)

xx Marisa

Anne said...

Hope you are feeling better! love your top:) Have a good week:)
~Anne

Always Maylee said...

You look adorable! I hope you are feeling better. Oh those wedding shows can be so addictive! I remember watching them ALL the time before I got engaged and during my entire engagement. :)

xo, Yi-chia
Always Maylee

Lovers, Saints & Sailors said...

Awww, hope you're feeling much better now! Nothing like a little retail therapy to help speed up the process ;)

Anonymous said...

The hubs and I just got Netflix too...and it is a miracle (although I try not to watch too much!). I just watched the musical Memphis on there...and it was one of the best musicals I have EVER seen :) Check it out girly, the style itself is enough to make the watch worth it.

<3 Cambria
jupefashion.blogspot.com

Lorena said...

I think you looked quite good for being sick !
Oh, and i drink ginger ale when i feel sick :)