Friday, July 27, 2012

Anniversary

July 24, 2012

Sean and I celebrated our second anniversary on Tuesday! It's been a rough couple weeks for me health-wise, but we still tried to do something special for our day. We did the classic thing that a lot of couples do-we saved the top tier of our wedding cake to share on our anniversary...well during our first anniversary we were out camping with Sean's family and didn't get around to eating it. We decided we'd save it for our second, even if the cake would be no good anymore! haha. So we got out the cake this year and fed each other a bite for nostalgia :) It wasn't actually that bad for being two years old, albeit a little dry! We were pleasantly surprised :) Even though most of it ended up in the trash afterwords...it was fun! We then spent the evening like the nerdy couple we are- watching old episodes of Dr. Who and trying not to touch one another because I was still quite ill and didn't want to get Sean sick. He's been sleeping on the floor for nearly a week now! Poor guy...
I love him so much :) I don't know what I would do without him to continually take care of me and be there for me during all of the crazy ups and downs of our first two years so far together. Hopefully the next two years will bring a renewing of health and happiness and much less stress than the last two years have brought for me personally. Praise the Lord for my amazing hubby :D

1 Corinthians 13:4-7
Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud
or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.












I got my wisdom teeth out yesterday. It wasn't actually that bad. I don't even remember getting home, basically just waking up on our couch is what I remember. They gave me all of this stuff to clear up my cold so that I could go through with surgery and that was probably the worst part- I didn't like spraying stuff up my nose thank you very much! I guess they had to keep me in a mask also because I kept coughing all over the doctors....oops! Today I basically feel fine, just similar to how I felt when I had braces which isn't really that bad. I only had my two upper teeth taken out, so I'm doing better than most people probably!

Hopefully you all had a lovely week! Here's to the weekend!
God Bless :)
KJA

5 comments:

Beth (Coffee Until Cocktails) said...

Aww, happy anniversary sweetie! I think it's awesome you ate your cake! And you and Sean are adorable!

Bummer you haven't been feeling well but I'm glad the wisdom teeth surgery went well! Hope you are feeling much better soon! Have a wonderful weekend!

Ali Hval said...

Aweee! Happy Anniversary! :D Such a happy couple you guys are, and that's so funny how you kept the cake and decided to eat it now! I'm amazed it held up for so long. I bet the smell of it and everything was very nostalgic indeed. :) Aw! Here's to many more happy years. <3

Marisa Noelle said...

Happy Anniversary Katie!! Sounds like the perfect way to celebrate:) That's so sweet that you saved the top of your cake for your 2nd and that it was still edible...hehe. Wishing you both all the happiness in the world together and many more years of blessings. xo, Marisa

JB said...

Happy anniversary! I'm glad your cake tasted good. Dork and I just ate ours and it wasn't so great after a year in the freezer!

Many more happy years to the two of you. :)

Lorena said...

Awww congrats !
I had a big chunk of my chocolate wedding cake in the freezer. Every year we would bring it down cut a piece and put it in the microwave... it was good SO good every time. Finally it was gone after 4 years.