Sunday, July 8, 2012

Back to Normal

First off- before I forget, the other day I did a short guest post for the stunning Jessica from Midwest Muse! I was gone for camp so I didn't get around to posting about it on my own blog, but you simply must go check out her blog! It is full of inspiration, from her sweet/edgy outfits to her wonderful photographs. You will love it-I know :) Here is the link to my guest post if you wish to check it out.


It was fun taking outfit photos again today! It has been weeks since I've made Sean traipse outside with me to take pictures :) We went to a little park after church to snap these shots.



This sleeveless top is one I found in my grandmother's house. It was part of a two piece set with a long sleeve shirt to go over it....in the same material...haha. I didn't keep the long sleeve shirt, but I love to wear this one as a tank in the summer! It is nice and cool and I love the soft floral print.















I thrifted these shoes a few days ago for only five dollars! I have been looking online for a pair like this for months, but wasn't willing to lay down the 50-100 dollars it would cost to buy a new pair. My patience paid off because I happened to glance down an aisle on my way out of the thrift store and saw these babies gleaming at me from above (literally...they were on the top shelf above the clothes...). I was so excited! They are definitely not super high quality-but for five dollars? I couldn't pass them up. I'm a sucker for anything that resembles an oxford shoe :)









What a lovely day it was today. Sean and I went to church where I found out that I'm going to start singing on the worship team very soon! I am so happy because it has been on my heart lately that I want to sing with the worship team. I had to be patient though because I just didn't have time this past school year. But now that school is over I am so excited to start doing things that I am passionate about-and getting involved with my church is definitely one of those things. I cannot WAIT to see what God has in store for Sean and I :)
After church we went to a movie with a couple of friends. We went to see the new spider-man movie. It was pretty good! Better than the movies made a few years ago, for sure. We then went home and promptly took a nap, because we're like 70 years old or something.
I ended the evening talking to one of my very best friend on the phone, having a nice chat about life. So blessed :)
God Bless all!
KJA


Psalm 138:2
I bow before your holy Temple as I worship. I praise your name for your unfailing love and faithfulness; for your promises are backed by all the honor of your name.



Wearing:
Top- Vintage, not sure who it belonged to, but someone in my family!
Skirt- Vintage, from a friend
Shoes- Thrifted
Bag- Vintage Coach
Cardigan- Thrifted
Belt- Thrifted

10 comments:

Bonnie said...

The color of your skirt is gorgeous. It really pops with the rest of the outfit. I also love those shoes!

http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88

Bravoe Runway said...

What a great find! Those shoes are perfect for this outfit, and I love the floral top with the skirt!

Iqra said...

you look gorgeous, I love that smile at the end of the post ! I also love how some pieces of clothing are never outdated, your tank is a perfect example. And I can imagine why you were so excited to find those chic shoes, they're going to look great in the fall too!

also thanks for your kind words, funny thing is my mom shaved my head several times a month till I was about 5 to get my hair as thick as it is today cause someone advised her that it would work (very traumatizing and embarrassing lol).

xoxo,
Iqra

masaladiary.blogspot.com

Heather said...

Love the soft colors in the top combined with the bold red!

XO
www.pearlsandpaws.blogspot.com

Beth (Coffee Until Cocktails) said...

What a lovely top! Great find from your grandmother's house! I also adore those shoes, they are so lovely!

Wonderful that you'll be singing with your worship team. I sing with a traveling Christian group and it is so fulfilling and wonderful!

Ali Hval said...

Oh wow, I would have never guessed that top was found in your grandma's closet! And then those shoes were only $5.00?! That's way awesome. I never seem to have luck with thrifting shoes, but those are so perfect.

Aaah the spider-man movie! I have yet to see that. Maybe I'll see it soon?~ Glad to hear it was pretty good. :D

his little lady said...

what a beautiful verse.
and you look too perfect, girl! in love with those shoes, and that skirt. especially when pinned with that top! so elegant and refreshing!!!!
xo TJ

Always Maylee said...

So pretty, I love the color of that skirt on you!

xo, Yi-chia
Always Maylee

Lorena said...

Very pretty - I have been trying to pull this combination off but have yet to find the right shade of read and pink. Nicely done.

Midwest Muse said...

I am in love with this skirt. Red and black always looks so chic together. And those shoes? Oh my golly. I need to come to your city and go thrifting.