Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Liebster



I have exciting bloggy news! The very beautiful Bethie the Boo has given to me the Liebster award! She states in her blog, "The Liebster award is given to upcoming bloggers who have 200 followers or less. The meaning of Liebster in German is sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome". How very sweet! You simply must check out her lovely blog and her charming, colorful style. Go...now!!

The rules for the award:
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves
2. Answer the questions the tagger set for you plus create 11 questions for the people you've tagged to answer.
3. Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them.
5. No tag backs.

Here were the questions I was supposed to answer:

1. What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?
I'm definitely a tried and true chocolate gal when it comes to ice cream. Occasionally I will branch out and add other things of the chocolate variety to my chocolate ice cream, but I could probably eat like a whole gallon myself...without stopping...every hour...haha!

2. If money was no object, where would you like to travel most?
I'm not much of a traveler, but if I had the money there are certainly a few places I'd love to go. The first place that comes to my mind is Kenya, because I sponsor a child through Compassion from Kenya. I would love to go visit my child and see where/how they live and get a chance to meet their family face to face instead of just exchanging letters.

3. Describe to me your perfect day off.
I am such a pile on my days off. I love to get up early and make a really big breakfast, something that I normally don't have time to make on a work day. Then I'll sit on the couch and maybe watch a show on tv (which I rarely watch) while I eat my breakfast :) If I'm feeling ambitious I will go for a run at our lovely trail in town. After taking my time getting ready my favorite thing to do is....da da da daaaaaa- go thrifting! It really is my favorite thing to do on a day off. Even if I don't end up buying anything, I love to go browsing and see what kinds of things I can find to look at :) I like to look in the home section and dream about how I will decorate my house someday with pretty colored glass and vintage knickknacks. So fun! Of course I have to finish off the day with spending time with my husband-cooking a fun supper and maybe watching a movie or two! :D

4. What's your favorite guilty pleasure?
Ok, don't think I'm horrible for this...but I like to hulu episodes of the bachelor and bachelorette....I know it is the most terrible show!!! I think I like to watch it so that I don't feel so bad about my own life...haha. I watch it more as a comedy than a serious drama!

5. What is your favorite season?
I love fall so much. I do much better (physically and mentally) in cooler weather, so I love when there is a little nip in the air and I get to layer all of my sweaters and scarves! I'm much better at dressing for cooler weather than in hot weather. I also love all of the fall activities-hay rides, fires, pumpkin patches-what's not to love?



6. Top 5 Favorite Movies. Go.
I have a lot of movies that I like. Most of them are Disney flicks :) Tangled is number one. I always felt like Rapunzel when I had my really long hair, so I loved that she finally became a Disney princess. Newsies is number two (any movie with Christian Bale, really), Hello Dolly is number three, Ok, don't laugh but I love the Christmas Rankin Bass movie Santa Clause is Comin' to Town-I try to watch it every year! Last but not least, It's a Wonderful Life is definitely up there. Anything with Jimmy Stewart, really!

7. What is your least favorite household chore?
I despise housework in its entirety. I really hate doing the dishes the most though. No matter how many times you do them, there are always going to be more! You can never have all the dishes clean at one time and that bothers me....haha

8. Coffee or tea or neither?
Sadly, neither. I've really tried to get into drinking tea because I know that it is very healthy for you, but I just can't do it! It is so bitter and no matter how much sugar I add to it (which defeats the purpose) I cannot get it to taste good. Maybe someday my tastes will change and I will be a tea drinker!

9. Last book you read? Do you recommend it?
I actually don't have time to read many books, but I do try to read my Bible often! I absolutely recommend it! There is so much truth and knowledge at your fingertips. Not to mention the outpouring of love. It's truth is the only thing that keeps me sane sometimes!

10. What was your favorite childhood toy?
I had this little 'winky doll' I called her. I'm not sure what the official name of the line of toys was, but there were many different kinds. They were dolls that when you squeeze their tummies their faces would move to make a different face! My little doll winked and smiled at me. She was so cute! I think I may have squeezed her so much that she doesn't really wink anymore...but kind of twitches a little...lol

11. Do you have any bad habits?
Oh, boy. I bet my husband could tell you a few. I'm a very lazy person when it comes to housework, so sometimes I will do a bunch of laundry, and just not fold the clean stuff. I will leave it in its basket to get horribly wrinkly. I try to at least hang up my husband's work shirts, but other than that they may stay in the basket until they get worn and then put in the hamper again!


So...there you have it! A little bit about me :) Thanks again Beth! I will be back with the bloggers I selected and their questions...it's just taking a little longer than I thought to find my bloggy friends under 200 followers!






It's hard to blog with a full time job...up until now I've just had college to work around, and I could blog/take pics in between classes and such. Now that I have been starting work full time, it's kind of impossible to do that! Thank goodness for long summer days-I don't know if I'll get many pictures once winter hits and the sun goes down at 5pm. Sorry if my posting/replying to comments is a little sporadic until I get used to my work schedule!






I got to skype with my lovely, BEAUTIFUL sister today who is in India right now. She will be gone almost a year traveling and I already miss her so much! It sounds as though she is having an amazing time though. I'm sure she is impacting each person she meets so much! And eating a lot of rice too...:)







Hope you're all making it through your week alright! I know I'll be glad when this one is over...
God Bless!
KJA

1 Timothy 6:11
But you, Timothy, are a man of God; so run from all these evil things. Pursue righteousness and a godly life, along with faith, love, perseverance, and gentleness.



Wearing:
Necklace- Thrifted
Sunglasses- Boutique on my trip to Seattle
Bag- Coach, thrifted
Top- Rummage Sale
Shorts- Thrifted
Shoes- Payless

3 comments:

Iqra said...

I was trying to pinpoint what i loved most about this outfit, but I found myself adoring everything - the shoes, the printed pants, the denim top the glasses and that bag it's all so perfect and chic. I adore this outfit.

also I'm a fellow chocolate fan :)

xoxo,
Iqra
Masala Diary

Beth (Coffee Until Cocktails) said...

Aww, thanks for saying such nice things about me! I had fun reading your answers - I love Newsies too! I have a friend living in New York and I might get to visit her this fall and see it on Broadway...we'll see if it works out! I'm definitely a Fall weather girl too!

Your outfit is super cute, I love the denim top and the fun necklace! You look lovely as usual!

Gray Skies said...

NEWSIES! My friends and I were obsessed with that movie in high school, to the point where we started a Christian Bale fan club and made laminated membership cards for ourselves :)