Tuesday, July 10, 2012

I'm a Workin' Woman

I have the BEST news- I got a job today!! I wasn't even expecting it, really. My husband and I live right next to a daycare. I've been wanting to work there for a long time, but didn't have my degree yet. Now that I've graduated I've been meaning to go apply but just haven't had the time yet. I've been taking time to relax and recuperate a little bit from my last year of school.
But last night I decided it was time I start looking for a full time job. I went to the website of the daycare next to our house, printed out an application and filled it out. This morning I walked in to the daycare and asked if I could give them my application. They said yes and set up an interview for 12:30. I was hired on the spot at my interview!! They said they never do that, but I just seemed like such a good fit for the job. I found out that it is a Christian based daycare, which is amazing! One of the women who interviewed me said that she had been praying that someone would just walk in because they needed to fill the position-and when I walked in this morning it was like an answer to their prayer!
I am beyond excited that God has brought me this opportunity and did most of the work to help me get this job. I mean, I haven't been job hunting at all this summer and this position just fell in my lap! How much more blessed could I be?
The position is working in the three year old room, writing lesson plans and working with the children on daily tasks. I just know I'm going to love it so much! Ahhhh praise God :D


To celebrate the occasion my hubby took me out to eat tonight :) So I put on a comfy dress and was ready to go!
After we went out to eat we went around town looking at bikes for me. My old bike went to bike heaven a little bit ago and I am in need of a new one! I'm trying to find one that has a good combination of style and functionality. Obviously I want a vintage inspired bike, but I want one that will be good to work out with on the trails too...if you know of any great bikes please enlighten me! :D




















God Bless!
KJA

Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the LORD with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take.




Wearing:
Earrings- Street vendor in Seattle
Dress- Macy's
Shoes- Thrifted
Bag- Vintage Coach

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fab!!!^^
i love it ;)
i follow you on GFC :D
can you follow me too?¿?

xoxo

Beth (Coffee Until Cocktails) said...

Congratulations on the job! It definitely sounds like God had a hand in it! And it sounds like it will be a lovely fit for you!

Your dress is beautiful! You look lovely!

(PS that verse from Proverbs is one of my favorites)

Anonymous said...

Wow, talk about the Lord's hand in things! Sounds like He provided for you and the daycare in a really cool way, really encouraging to hear :) CONGRATS!!!

If you think of it you could send up a quick prayer for my hubby and I...he needs a good job w good pay, which is so hard to find these days.

LOVE your ruffly maxi, looks breezy and beautiful.

<3 Cambria
jupefashion.blogspot.com

Gray Skies said...

Don't you love it when things come together so instantly and perfectly like that?! Congrats on the new job!

The print on that dress is just stunning!

Midwest Muse said...

Congrats! You totally deserve that job and it sounds like a perfect fit for you! I can't wait to hear more about it. This dress is a wonderful fit and a beautiful color and pattern.

Maria said...

You look gorgeous, I love that satchel. Congratulations on getting a job! I recently got a new job too and I know how good it feels. I can't WAIT to start earning my own income and practicing independence. Your blog is beautiful too and I really appreciate the kind words you left on my blog the other day :)
xx Maria