Tuesday, January 31, 2012

I Should Have Been a Lawyer

I had class all day long today-and then over my lunch break I had to go to court to fight a ticket I had gotten when I had my accident. I thought that my court time was just for me to fight my ticket, but it turns out that it's just a court room and a BUNCH of people are all there to fight their tickets. I was one of the last people to go up and plead my case (already 45 minutes late for my next class), and I was not going to take no for an answer. The system is so messed up because they don't want to make it easy for you to plead your case at all. They gave me this court date, so I showed up and because I was pleading 'not guilty' they wanted to set up a meeting with an attorney and then ANOTHER court date to plead my case later! I don't have time to come back two more times! And why would I even have come to the court date today if I was going to plead guilty? It doesn't make sense.
-ANYWAY-
I got up to the microphone and said, " I am pleading not guilty and if at all possible I would like to get this taken care of today." The judge said, "Oh we'll set you up with meetings and then another court date blah blah blah.I can't do anything for you because it's an accident blah blah blah." I said, "Listen, I'm already missing class for this, I have class twelve hours a day five days a week and I don't have time to come to all of these meetings. I feel like I'm being treated very unfairly and especially feel as though the policeman didn't give a valid reason for ticketing me. When he gave me the ticket he told me that, 'he only gave me a ticket because he gave everyone else in the accident a ticket and it wouldn't look good if he didn't give me one too.' I don't feel like I should have to deal with this situation and pay for something that I did not do." I then went on to explain the conditions of the accident and how there was nothing I could do as I just came upon the three cars already piled up in the road. The judge then asked what damage was done to the girl's car that I hit, and I told her that I made a small dent. She ruffled through the paperwork for a few minutes and said that she'd dismiss my ticket!
Thank you Lord for giving me words to say and saving me 120 dollars! Glad that it's over and I got it taken care of today. One less thing I have to worry about.

























I hope you all had a great day, and that you didn't have to go to court for anything :) haha What a headache!
God Bless,
KJA

Psalm 86:5
O Lord, you are so good, so ready to forgive, so full of unfailing love for all who ask for your help.



Wearing:
Earrings-Gifted
Scarf-Gifted
Sweater-Macy's
Pants- NY and Company
Shoes- Vera Wang, Kohl's
Coat- Old Navy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That Bible verse was perfect for me today, thanks for speaking truth into my morning :)

LOVE the colours of your scarf...those jewel tones are just gorgeous!

On another note...my whole life people have told me I should be a lawyer (friends of family, professors, mom, strangers...). Perhaps we should set up a firm together.

<3 Cambria
jupefashion.blogspot.com