Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Beauty Secrets of the Bible

I have been trying to read a lot more now that I don't have to worry about schoolwork for a little while. It seems that when I started college, I stopped reading books and now it's more difficult to want to sit down and just read. I am also very picky about books and if it doesn't interest me in the first couple of pages I will put it down and never pick it up again. However, my sister gave me a book to borrow and I sat down yesterday and read the whole thing. Ladies listen up: This book is awesome if you're interested in makeup and skincare, but also want to look at it from a Biblical perspective. It is called "Beauty Secrets of the Bible" written by Ginger Garrett.
You really must look it up, and I would recommend buying it! It has a months worth of devotions as well as chapters on skincare, makeup, fragrance, and hair care using all natural things that God has given to us, such as using a dab of olive oil as a face moisturizer, or keeping chilled green tea in a spritzer in the fridge as a refresher throughout the day. It mentions how Esther was preparing for months to meet the King, using various beauty treatments of the day. What did she do to prepare herself? It was extremely interesting to me to see all of the uses for things such as plain honey, milk, even Myrrh-which apparently is fantastic for the skin. Just look at this:

Before a young woman’s turn came to go in to King Xerxes, she had to complete twelve months of beauty treatments prescribed for the women, six months with oil of myrrh and six with perfumes and cosmetics. (Esther 2:12)

Fascinating I tell you! The book is full of recipes for all natural ways to give one glowing skin and hair-all for less than the price of our harsh, chemically filled face washes and eye makeups. It makes me want to go out and buy some oils and honey and try it right now! There are also tons of resources in the back for websites where you can buy your own minerals to make your own eyeshadows, foundations, etc. how cool is that? One website is: Emani.com. It may seem a bit pricey if you buy really cheap makeup now, but it isn't any more than say, Mary Kay.
I just wanted to share some of what I read yesterday with you :) You should check out the book, Beauty Secrets of the Bible, and research it if it interests you-I know it caught my attention! You should also definitely read the book of Esther in the Bible :):D
Let me know if you have any natural remedies that you use or if you have any Biblical insights into this-it's so intriguing to me! :D
God Bless!
KJA


























Wearing
Top-Vintage, grandmother's
Jacket-Vintage,rummage Sale
Trousers-Vintage men's suit pants-rummage sale
Shoes-Target

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Interestingly enough, this other site I just read an article about in relation to hair, had some "home recipes" with natural ingredients... so I thought I'd share! :)

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/kinky-hair-type-4/deep-conditioners-good-enough-to-eat

It may be advertised as for "curly hair" but I'm sure anyone in the middle of winter could use deep conditioners.