Saturday, March 10, 2012

Picture Overload

I took my Praxis II Principles of Teaching and Learning K-6 this morning! It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. There were seventy multiple choice questions and then four essay questions over two scenarios. I'm just glad it's finally over with after stressing about it for weeks! Now to just wait for my scores to come in...
After that it was a simply gorgeous day. I got to spend it walking around my old college town enjoying the weather, thrifting at the flea market with a few friends I haven't seen in so very long, and having a lovely dinner with my Sean!
I also got to call my mother and talk to her for a good little while. It was her birthday yesterday and in all my studying stupor I forgot what month it was for a bit! I love that woman more than anything so here's to a happy late birthday for my mama! I wouldn't be half the woman I am today without her love and guidance. She has instilled in me her caring personality and I'm so grateful I was blessed to have her in my life! Love you mama :D

Hoping you all have a splendid evening and rest well even though it is daylight savings time and we lose an hour!

God Bless,
KJA


1 Peter 3:15
Instead, you must worship Christ as Lord of your life. And if someone asks about your Christian hope, always be ready to explain it.














Sean and I found a little park in a small town out in the middle of nowhere SD to take pictures. I frolicked around and played a little bit, just as if I were one of my students!




































Here was my unexpected and amazing find today at the flea market!! They are Original Justin Lace-R boots (whatever that means). They are real leather and I haven't taken them off my feet since I got home today and re-laced them and put them on! I even sat at the table and did homework in them for a few hours. I'm in love. The green and tan color, the tassels on the feet, all of the worn in character-scree!!! And the best part about them was the price! I've been looking for boots like this for a long time, but anytime I found them they were at least 25-30 dollars. This pair was only 10 dollars! I simply could not pass them up.

















Wearing:
Earrings-Forever 21
Scarf- Vendor
Top- Macy's
Blazer-Vintage, thrifted
Jeggings-Charlotte Russe
Bag-Coach
Shoes-Payless

3 comments:

squidword said...

amazing shoes and blazer!! love the pops of pink!! great outfits!!
http://mychoicesaremystyle.blogspot.com

Marisa Noelle said...

What!!! Those boots are the most incredible find I think I've ever laid eyes on! Goodness gracious Katie they are perfect.

Congrats on completing your Praxis....now you can take a breather:) Everybody I knew made such a huge deal about them, but I didn't think they were bad at all either. It must be so nice to have that behind you now.

Your tan blazer is such a perfect piece. I've been hoping to stumble across something like that on my thrift days. The little touches of pink give it that perfect little feminine touch to make it look even more pretty.

Happy belated bday to your mom! She sounds like such a lovely & sweet lady and it's not hard to see that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree b/c so are you:)
xx Marisa

Midwest Muse said...

Good luck on your test! I'm sure you did wonderfully! And holy crap! Those boots are stunning.