Saturday, February 18, 2012

Vintage Knits

I'm posting a ridiculous amount of photos today. We caught the evening light just at the right time and I loved all these photos! Sean just kept snapping away. There's this little spot over a hill near our apartments where I like to take photos. Usually I take the photos on top of the hill, but for some reason they mowed the grass down to this little creek so I've been able to go down there for photos! It's kind of laden with garbage and not really anything special, but I like this little spot :) It gets me out of the way of peering eyes who make fun of me while I'm taking pics...Katie no likey. Plus it's a little more stable for my tripod as it is a flat space...and not on a hill.

Sean and I had such a laid back day today! I worked on some homework, cooked and cleaned a bit, made smoothies...a great Saturday!
















I found this amazing duck sweater in the vintage section with all the little boys clothes. It was only two dollars and I immediately knew I had to make it mine. It's super warm and cozy and I'm so smitten with the little duckies! I also found a couple of new amazing hats at Old Navy yesterday. I shouldn't have, but for only a couple of dollars a piece I couldn't pass them up. I so seldom find hats that properly fit my head, and I'm just in love with everything about this black fedora! It has a lovely little brown belt around the top.
The shorts were a pair of horrible vintage pants that I reworked. I tried to make them wearable as pants, but simply couldn't do it. They were just too tapered. So I cut them off to make these charming little shorts! So much more potential to them now.
Lastly, my cape was bought at a rummage sale for only a dollar a couple of years ago. It is vintage JC Penny and I'm in love with it. It's the perfect piece to throw over any outfit, in my opinion! The tights and necklace are from my wonderful mama :) Good taste, no?








































Whew! I usually don't have time to write this long of a post! It was fun!

How was YOUR day? :)
God Bless,
KJA

I've loved this verse since I learned it in Awana!

Romans 8:38-39
And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love. No power in the sky above or in the earth below—indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord.



Wearing:
Necklace-My mama's :)
Sweater-Vintage, thrifted in little boy's section
Shorts-Vintage trousers-cut and rolled
Tights-Gifted from my mama :)
Boots-Vera Wang, Kohl's
Hat-Old Navy clearance
Cape-Rummage Sale

No comments: