Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Happy Birthday little blog, Meet my new boots :)

The weather is CA-RAZY everybody! It is pouring rain outside...in February....!? It was supposed to snow, but all it's done all day long is rain and rain, and then freeze and then rain some more. I had class this morning, and our afternoon class got cancelled as our professors have to drive an hour and decided not to because of the weather. So I'm getting some things caught up this afternoon! More of the same-laundry and homework and dishes...siiiigh.











It's a good thing my generous parents gave me some money for my birthday-I was able to go to Kohl's yesterday and buy myself a pair of snowboots (finally)! I knew the weather was going to get bad and so I wanted some boots before it got out of hand. I looked around and debated in Kohl's for nearly an hour and a half trying to decide which pair of boots to buy. Some were too big, some didn't fit right, some were too poofy :P BUT I found this pair towards the end of my shopping and just fell in love! They are perfect for winter, but also will transition well into endless spring rains! They are warm and great for snow, but are still sleek and look much nicer than a traditional pair of clunky and uncomfortable snowboots. I LOVE them! Plus, the fact that I was prepared to pay the 24 dollar clearance price and they rang up as 17 dollars didn't hurt my happiness either. Gosh I love Kohl's.
Bring on the weather South Dakota! I'm prepared :)












Also, I can't forget that today is my two year blogiversary! Two years ago I started this little creative outlet of mine to have some fun taking pictures and coming up with creative ways to wear all of my thrifted items. I'm still having a blast and hope to continue for as long as I can! Here is my very first post on this little baby of mine. I've gotten a little better at this, no? Maybe not much...but a little bit ;) haha.



I hope you are staying safe!
God Bless,
KJA

2 Timothy 1:7

For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.




Wearing:
Scarf and earrings-gifts from my sisters :)
Belt-Vintage
Sweater dress-Walmart
Cardigan and hat-Target
Boots- Kohl's

4 comments:

JB said...

Happy blogiversary! :) I have no need for snowboots, but if I did, I'd pick yours!

Anonymous said...

You got some good layers going on here, lady...looooove the knit hat on you, it's so darling! Pretty boots too...way to find something stylish (you've definitely outdone my massive Sorels).

<3 Cambria
jupefashion.blogspot.com

Midwest Muse said...

Your boots are beautiful!

Marisa Noelle said...

Aw, a very happy birthday to your blog! Gorgeous and quite practical boot:) Aren't pieces like that the best! I agree, they are much more prettier than regular clunky chunkalunky snow boots...which are what i have...hehe. Stay dry Katie!! xx Marisa