Saturday, October 15, 2011

Menswear

Tonight I made an ACTUAL MEAL for supper! Are you all so proud of me? It seriously seems as though I haven't made a full meal in so long. Pretty much ever since this residency started. Tonight though I made meatballs, potatoes, gravy, and avocado and butterbeans! Of course, halfway through peeling the potatoes I sliced my finger open, so Sean had to help me finish supper....I was not happy. I was a big baby about it too. I'm pretty it's been like 10 years since I cut myself with a knife so I just screamed and started bawling. Sean was like, "honey-it's not that bad..." haha. I think I was just mad that it interrupted my cooking more than anything!



Avocados were on sale at the good ole hy-vee, so I decided to finally try one out for myself, because I've heard such good things about them. Let me tell you, I am officially obsessed. I'm not sure that I'd like them on their own, but mixed with butter beans, a little bit of garlic and some parmesan and then fried in a skillet? Yes please. I found my new favorite food! Plus, it's just aesthetically pleasing to the eye.







Today Sean and I went to check out a couple more thrift spots and antique shops in town. There are so many! The first place we went we found a ton of stuff for Sean. It has really nice men's clothes for very low prices-which is great! He needs more chilly weather clothes. We also found me this amazing pair of men's oxfords. They fit me great and are so comfy! I couldn't pass them up. They're great quality and I'm kind of in love, even if I didn't really need another pair of shoes...I figure oxfords are a great investment because I'm certain that they will never go out of style. I will always be able to wear them!



This cardigan was my grandpa's :) I had to patch a few holes, and ironically the fabric I patched the holes with is the same as this scarf that I'm wearing! I felt a little bit menswear with this Van Huesen cardigan and my men's shoes! I love wearing this cardigan-makes me think of my wonderful grandparents, I wish I lived closer to them so I could spend more time with them.








We then made our way to a place called Antiques on 18th. It had some of the most beautiful things, but everything was so spendy. We decided to take pictures on the outside of the building by all of the wonderful antique-y things sitting outside.













After getting home Sean and I went out to play some tennis, and then got to work on supper. It took surprisingly long to cook an actual meal! I'm used to quick and easy. But it was totally worth it. Even if we are up to our ears in dirty dishes now...











Alas, homework is calling my name...
Hope you're all having a great weekend! And that it is going nice and SLOW. Weekends always slip away too fast!
God Bless!
KJA

Ephesians 4:31-32
Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.


Wearing:
Ring-Street vendor in Canada
Earrings-Forever 21
Scarf-Fabric bought at Alco
Cardigan-Vintage, it is my grandpa's!
Jeggings-Charlotte Russe
Shoes-Vintage, Thrifted

No comments: