Wednesday, October 19, 2011

It Made My Day...

Today was just another day at school...except that the first thing one of my students (whom I've been working with for a reading class) said to me this morning was this, "Mrs. Aman, today it will be 19 days since you've started reading with me." I'm pretty sure my heart melted into a puddle on the floor. I said, "You've been counting?" and he said, "yep!" What a little darling. It makes me feel so good to get a student excited about reading and working with me. It definitely started my day off so well and just gave me that little push I needed! Ahhh the joys of teaching :) Among many hardships (as in any job) there are so many happy times as well :D







We could wear jeans to school today. I love it when we have a casual day! I sometimes think that jeans actually look better than dresspants. I hate dresspants. They don't look good on anyone. And who says that wearing denim on your top half is any more dressy than wearing it on your bottom half? Why can we wear jean jackets like everyday of our lives (it's a teacher staple) but we can't wear jeans on our legs? It's a mystery which boggles the mind. I've also seen teachers wear skirts with sweatshirts...I think that is much less dressy than wearing a nice pair of jeans and a nice top. Or what about those teacher-y cargo pants? They look just like sweatpants...but NO JEANS. Someday when I'm principal of my own school my staff shall be able to wear jeans any time they please.
Ok, I'm off my soapbox now. :)
























I just wanted to leave you with a little piece of awesome. I got the mail today and set it on the table without a second thought. When Sean came home he was greeted with the following picture and this statement, "Honey, is Jesus trying to sell us pizza ranch?" I definitely busted a gut and it was the funniest thing I've seen in a while. It was a complete accident, but it does very much look as though Jesus is selling coupons for pizza. Ahhhh it was funny :)




Hope you all are having a splendid week!
God Bless,
KJA

John 14:1-4
Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. You know the way to the place where I am going.





Wearing:
Earrings-Forever 21
Top-Maurice's
Jeans-Target
Jacket-Target
Shoes-Payless
Cardigan-Thrifted Target

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I adore this look! What great shoes! Super cute.

thequeenofwanderlust.blogspot.com