Sunday, May 16, 2010

Off to the Greenhouse

Today has been quite lovely. After church, we ate a little lunch and then made our way to the local greenhouse to pick up some veggies (onions, tomatoes, and peppers), as well as some flowers for my mama's heart-shaped garden patch in the front of our house. I've missed the field trips to the greenhouse when the weather is just balmy with a kiss of sun and lilacs in the air...mmmm :)

Thanks to Jen for taking pics of me today! I'm trying to keep things in perspective with wedding planning, blogging, Bible school coming up, and who knows what else pops up from day to day.

A friend at church today-Betty- gave me some great encouragement today! She was telling me how she enjoys reading my blog and it made me feel so good to know that someone likes to read the verses I choose and my little ramblings about the day :) She and her husband used to help with the youth at our church when I was young, and I have fond memories of them from those Sunday evenings. She herself has great style :) and always looks just lovely and sweet-with usually some sparkle to her outfits ;) Thanks for your encouragement today Betty!!


Kind of a picture heavy post today, but I was excited to post after taking a break while watching my nephew for a few days!

Today's verse: I decided to post the Psalm we read in church this morning :)
Psalm 97

1 The LORD reigns, let the earth be glad;
let the distant shores rejoice.

2 Clouds and thick darkness surround him;
righteousness and justice are the foundation of his throne.

3 Fire goes before him
and consumes his foes on every side.

4 His lightning lights up the world;
the earth sees and trembles.

5 The mountains melt like wax before the LORD,
before the Lord of all the earth.

6 The heavens proclaim his righteousness,
and all the peoples see his glory.

7 All who worship images are put to shame,
those who boast in idols—
worship him, all you gods!

8 Zion hears and rejoices
and the villages of Judah are glad
because of your judgments, O LORD.

9 For you, O LORD, are the Most High over all the earth;
you are exalted far above all gods.

10 Let those who love the LORD hate evil,
for he guards the lives of his faithful ones
and delivers them from the hand of the wicked.

11 Light is shed upon the righteous
and joy on the upright in heart.

12 Rejoice in the LORD, you who are righteous,
and praise his holy name.

Psalms are so beautiful and encouraging and are definitely some of my favorite verses in the Bible :D















































Wearing:
Sunglasses- Old, I think I got them at a dollar store years ago
Scarf- Vintage, local thrift store-for a quarter!
Bracelet- Gift from my sister- from Turkey!!
Shirt- Dollar store
Skirt- Vintage, part of a suit from the flea market
Belt- Vintage, taken from an old dress
Cardigan- Target-I came out this morning and my mom said "I want one!" haha, made me laugh!
Socks- Dollar store
Shoes- Target. They are my favorite shoes that I own- because they're the highest!! haha

No comments: