Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Bike rides, family, wedding plans

Today's Verse:
Psalm 29:4 The voice of the LORD is powerful; the voice of the LORD is majestic.

Even though I was done with college a couple of weeks ago, I haven't really taken a day to just rest and hang out at home doing nothing. I'm kind of getting worn out! But at least keeping busy helps the day move along, and I've gotten to spend a lot of time with great friends and family :)






I have been bike riding the past couple of days, first with my sister, and then with one of my besties yesterday-my bum is so sore!! I think I need a larger seat....haha.
Yesterday was one of the best days ever! I went to see one of my best friends and we went and had a picnic complete with string cheese, cherries, and razzles. Then we went for a bike ride, trying to find the bike path (which we never did...), we then went to look around the greenhouse for more plants. We ate grilled chicken and then took her dog for a walk-whew! I was tired! So that's why no post yesterday-I was wiped!






Today a few of my bridesmaids and myself went to get alterations on their dresses-and I bought a veil!!! I was going to make one myself, but this one was just perfect and I'm super excited about it!!

Hope you're all enjoying the nice weather :D













Wearing:
Birdie Earrings: Avon courtesy of my mama :)
Pink Scarf- Vintage via Ragstock
Blue Scarf- Vintage via thrift store
Striped shirt- Thrifted
Shorts- Ancient things bought at Walmart
Belt- From a vintage dress, thrifted
Nude Heels- Vintage, thrifted

2 comments:

hannah, heart city said...

cute simple outfit! really like the scarves. sounds like a fun day!

Sarah Mae said...

Katie
I know that I have never commented on your blog, but I have read each and every entry. I find encouragement in your verses that you post... I smile as I enjoy knowing what is going on in your life, and feel a bit sad when I look at your beautiful pictures, because it's been too long since we've been able to hang out and talk! Keep writing--I am reading!