Thursday, September 4, 2014

Thursday Inspiration: Lucille Ball

I spent my downtime this week pouring over photos of Lucille Ball for inspiration. I'm not talking about the 'I Love Lucy' Lucy. I love to look at photos of the beauty from her early modeling/acting days in the 1930's and early 40's. The hair, makeup, clothing, and accessories are all exquisite. There are touches of menswear, girly elements, and fabulous fabrics to swoon over. She was such a beauty! Many of her photos make me want to pluck my eyebrows right out and do 1930's makeup everyday. This first look might be my favorite, with the gorgeously designed top (dress?), and marvelous hair bows. Lovely. Which is your favorite?





















God Bless,
KJA


1 John 1:5
This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all. 

3 comments:

Kristian said...

I can definitely see how she inspires you. She and you have a very similar style to my mind. I was surprised about one shot though- the photo with the cigarette makes her look enough like Becall, I had to take a second look!

Savvy Spinster Vintage said...

So gorgeous! In some of these she's barely recognizable- such a chameleon! The last picture is exquisite. The green eyeshadow and cranberry lips- oh my! I always get a kick when I watch an old film, like "Stage Door", and see Lucille Ball in the ensemble. You could tell from her earliest work she was going to be a star!

Emileigh said...

True story, a couple of the blonde photos really don't look like her! So crazy! She really was gorgeous.