Thursday, May 9, 2013

Incognito

I love spring because I get to wear trench coats. There really is a small window in weather when I am able to wear them and I take every opportunity. I just feel so mysterious for some reason, and it always makes a look more classic. I got this particular trench at a rummage sale for 25 cents. I think it was a worthwhile purchase ;)


I got this cashmere turtleneck from a thrift store for a dollar some time ago. It is Lord and Taylor brand, which I hadn't heard of until I began watching Project Runway recently. I love how soft it is, even though the color makes me quite pale. I also pulled out some shoes I haven't really worn since high school. I got away from wearing pointed toe shoes for a while, and these are some killers. I love them though.


I'm going to be working on a service project with my students over the coming week to collect items for our local animal shelter. School ends on May 17th already, so I'm thinking of collecting until then and hopefully the kids get excited about it. Kids love animals, so I'm sure they'll love to get involved! I wish I could take the kids on field trips or something, but because we're an afterschool program where the parents come to pick them up at various times, we can't leave the school grounds. I would love to take them to the animal shelter to get more connected with it!

Well all, have a blessed day! Sean and I have an appointment with the inspector of our home, so I'm excited to go back to the house today and look things over again! Very soon it will be ours :)

God Bless!
KJA

1 Thessalonians 1:4-5
For we know, brothers and sisters loved by God, that he has chosen you,  because our gospel came to you not simply with words but also with power, with the Holy Spirit and deep conviction. 



Wearing:
Trench- Rummage Sale
Sweater, Scarf- Thrifted
Beret- Gift
Bag- Vintage Coach
Skirt- Had since middle school...JC Penny maybe?
Shoes- Target

12 comments:

JennaStevie said...

Such a classic look! I love trenchcoats too, they're amazing and I can believe you got this one for 75 cents! Absolutely incredible! Looove those pointy toed shoes too
xJennaD

Beth (Coffee Until Cocktails) said...

What a great trenchcoat! I have never found one that I liked the way it fit. This really looks great on you. I love your shoes and scarf too! I can't believe your school is almost done for the year already!

Ali Hval said...

Oooh, congrats on that turtleneck find! And the fact that's it's cashmere is super awesome (and super soft, I bet!).

I love that you've still got your shoes from high school, but then again, I'll probably be keeping mine until I'm 80 anyway, so I guess it's not all that odd to collect shoes over the years. I think those are so cute with the tiny bow on them. I kind of forgot all about pointed heels!

I hope that you have fun with your after school program, though I'm sorry you can't go on a field trip! Ah, if only the animal shelter could come to you!

The Dragonfruit said...

Ooooh, I love that verse so much Katie. I'm actually going to bookmark it so I can include it in my devotions tonight.
Anyway, lovely trench and cowl neck sweater! That floral scarf adds the perfect touch of spring :)

Trendy Teal

Taylor Laree said...

25 cents?! I NEVER get that lucky at thrift stores...

Flounces & Hubbub

Lindsey Louise Bales said...

you look like a detective here, and i love it! that trench coat is wonderful!

lindsey louise

hellomrrabbitblog.com

Keit said...

Wow, cheapest trench coat in the world :D
Adore the turtleneck classy look with the skirt and fancy heels,fabulous!

The Braided Bandit said...

There is something about a classic trench that just looks so cute and put together all the time! I love that you are doing a service project for your local animal shelter! I volunteered and did foster care at mine for about 7 years growing up! Maybe you could ask a volunteer to come and bring a friendly animal or something??
Hope you have a great weekend!
xo Hannah

Kristian said...

You look like a spy- a glamorous dame from a noir or something. Love it!


As to the animal shelter. Call the shelter and see if they can come to you. Many shelters might be willing to come and do a short talk about what they do and bring along several animals (providing no child is deathly allergic to animals I suppose...)

JB said...

A 25 cent trench coat? No way. Please pass on to me your good thrifting luck, because I'm in need of a trench! I love the length of this one. So perfect.

JB said...

A 25 cent trench coat? No way. Please pass on to me your good thrifting luck, because I'm in need of a trench! I love the length of this one. So perfect.

Marlen said...

twenty. five. cents. I can't even....