Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Outfit: Plaid, Capris, and Monopoly.


Happiest of Wednesdays to you! This past weekend Sean and I were able to have a game/grill night with some of our friends, and this is what I wore! It is one of my favorite outfits so far. I was able to snag these fabulous capris in a recent Modcloth sale and they are so wonderful. In hindsight I may have sized up (which is why I never shop in the internet) as they are very stretchy and tight, but I can't wait to wear them nonstop next summer (and the rest of this fall!).
I built up a few flannel plaid pieces this summer (mostly secondhand from family) that I've been waiting  for cooler weather to wear. This jacket is one I found at a thrift store and I just loved the large lapels and color scheme of it.

The game night was fun. We played Zelda Monopoly. My newfound friends found out how crazy I get when I play Monopoly, that is to say I am extremely competitive and I don't care if we've been playing for three hours, I won't go down without a fight. It's one of my vices. Everyone was waning pretty hardcore which means I basically won by default because everybody else was sick of playing. It came down to Sean and I, so we battled it out just the two of us until I crushed him by a stroke of luck (just kidding, I crushed him because I rock at Monopoly). Now you know never to engage in board gamer-y with the likes of me. You've been warned.
















God bless, and happy October!
KJA


Matthew 5:11-12
Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.


Wearing:
Top- Thrifted, Similar
Pants- The Joys are Back Capris from Modcloth, Here or Similar
Scarf- Vintage- Thrifted, Similar
Shoes- Rummage Sale, Similar
Jacket- Vintage, Thrifted, Similar
Sunglasses- Old from when I was a kid, Similar

6 comments:

Sammi said...

Those pants look great on you, and I adore your bumper bangs!

xox Sammi

Marisa Noelle said...

Sounds fun! I am horribly competitive at board games too, hehe...and especially Monopoly!

There you go again giving me more casual inspired inspiration. I love the capris with these tops and headscarf. You always make casual look cute and classy Katie!

Jennifer Rainey said...

Love this outfit! It looks so cozy and chic at the same time, and your hair is just too cute. I, too, own those capris, and I practically lived in them this summer. They're just about perfect!

Cheers,
Jenny

Cathy said...

Love this look! The jeans are amazing.

xoxo
Cathy

www.bayareafashionista.com

Kristian said...

I like all the outfit both ways, but the first few photos seriously look like you walked off the cover an old Ladies Home Journal (Or other older magazine from the 40s)! So lovely even in causal clothing :)

The monopoly board sounds intense! My sister gets like that with Risk but my favorite is Clue!

Keit said...

Hahaha, I am so evil when I play monopoly. I hate everyone and if I don't have tons of hotels and money and stuff, I get all depressed :D So I know what you mean!
The new pants are adorable, great styling with the plaid shirt!