Thursday, April 3, 2014

Inspiration: 1940's Yearbooks Part 1

Hello! For this week's inspiration I wanted to show a few photos I took last summer when I visited a museum with my sister. The museum had an entire section of vintage yearbooks from the turn of the century on up. I was giddy as a schoolgirl (har har) and snapped some photos of some of my favorite 1940's snapshots. I wish they were better quality (I had only my small camera with me at the time), but the hair! The hair is always the best part of old photos :)
 Enjoy!







God Bless,
KJA


Proverbs 12:23
The prudent keep their knowledge to themselves, but a fool’s heart blurts out folly.

2 comments:

Kate said...

I love old yearbooks! They give such a great snapshot at "real" hair and makeup (and to some extent fashions) from that year.

- abigail - said...

oh my goodness i just love looking through old yearbooks. like Kate said above, they have great "real" hair and makeup. (as opposed to the perfect movie stars) Its also neat to see how girls in my same area battled the crazy Kansas weather conditions, for instance, not many girls wore their hair free, and since we're a little behind on the times, not many had bobbed hair before the 1930s!
loved these and had to pin some to my vintage hair and sewing inspiration boards.
thanks for sharing!
~Abigail