Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Tulips


Hello everyone! Just a quick, simple outfit that I wore a few weeks ago to a gathering of girlfriends! I figure I better start filtering out my summer posts as fall is officially here now :) I am trying to retrain my fashion brain to start thinking in layers again rather than just being able to throw on a skirt and blouse like I could this summer. Now I need to look for jackets, tights, sweaters, and hats! It's a little more high maintenance.


This pretty tulip top is a hand me down from my sister. I lucked out with it's pretty green color and necktie.

Have a great day everyone! 
God Bless, 
KJA


Matthew 5:13
“You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled underfoot.




Wearing:
Earrings- Gifted 
Shirt- Hand me down
Skirt- Vintage, Gifted
Shoes- Vintage, Thrifted
Bag- Target

7 comments:

Ma Cherie D said...

It is really simple outfit but really nice. You are so beautiful.

JennaStevie said...

This is such a pretty combination, love the patterned blouse!! The red skirt is so wonderful with the green top too :)
xJennaD

Kristian said...

I hear ya on the needing to retrain the brain for layers! However, this IS a lovely look. What a neat print that blouse has.

The Dragonfruit said...

I'm enjoying getting to layer again, haha, I think it adds so much fun to outfits and forces creativity :)
Love this simple outfit though, good throwback to warmer days! Fantastic top and skirt

The Dragonfruit Diaries

Bookworm said...

So pretty! Love the colors and the pattern.

Yes, dressing for summer is easier - but fall can be more fun with layers and little details :-)

Ali Hval said...

Haha, the autumn weather really is a little more high mantainence... especially having to take on and off layers when entering and exiting buildings. You're just constantly changing your outfit and so I feel like it's extra difficult to coordinate things in the morning.

I adore the color of that skirt, oooh! And your hair is always so perfect. I must apologize for my lack of heartfelt comments lately--midterms are upon me!

Samantha said...

Hah, I agree, I haven't fully gotten into the habit of layering yet. It takes so much more effort! This skirt of yours is so lovely and ladylike, and that colour is beautifully striking!