Sunday, September 29, 2013

Raspberry

 

Hey there friends! I feel like posting has been sparse the past few weeks. Sean and I have had some family member or another staying with us for about a month now and it's been priority to spend time with them rather than work on the ol' blog. I'm glad though, it's nice to take a break once in a while and focus on time with family! Sean and I are finally in the house alone now though and we're not really sure what to do with ourselves. At the moment  Sean is sleeping (along with the kitties) in their favorite sunbeam. Not a bad Sunday afternoon I guess :)
This is the outfit I wore last weekend for my sister in-law's couples bridal shower! We had such a fun time entertaining on our deck and showing off our kitties to everyone. The wedding is next weekend and I'm so happy for Sean's sister and her fiance! They deserve to have the best day ever and I can't wait, I love weddings!

 

I finally bought my very first Modcloth dress and even though it's quite a bit too big for me, adding a belt and a blazer helped considerably. I'm going to have to take up the shoulders like I do with a lot of my dresses to make it fit a bit better! This is why I don't normally order clothing off the internet I suppose. I just adored the pattern and color of this frock and it's basic shape will make it so wonderful for layering soon.

 

Today was a wonderful church service. My church is cool in that it sometimes gets speakers/musicians to do our services and today we got to hear Phil Joel sing and speak! For those who don't know, he is a former member of the Newsboys (only my favorite band since I was a kid, NO BIG DEAL).  He had a really great message actually, giving his testimony as well as sharing why reading the Bible and delving into the word is so important, a very convicting statement for me to hear. Daily devotions can be somewhat of a struggle for me at times. He really brought to my attention how crucial it is to make that time with God each day a priority. Sure, there will be days when you're not feeling it, but I think that's true with anything we do in our lives. Marriage, jobs, hobbies-they all get tiresome after a while, but it's making a commitment to those things that really helps one to grow. Just think about it, the CREATER OF THE UNIVERSE wants to talk to me and spend time with me, and I need my half hour more of sleep rather than spending time with God? How silly that sounds when I say it out loud (or type it, whatever :) ).   Just something on my heart today.

Alright, Darlings I have the evening ahead of me to hopefully get a few things done (when I say things, I mean playing with kitties while entertaining the idea of cleaning dishes). We'll see what happens :)

God Bless!
KJA

Psalm 37:4
Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart.




Wearing:
Bag- Etsy
Dress- Modcloth
Jacket- Free from Lowry Mall
Tights- Walmart
Boots- Arizona, Plato's Closet
Belt- Justin, Vintage
Sunnies- Kohl's

14 comments:

JennaStevie said...

This dress is incredible!!! I absolutely love the print and the colours in it. Love that you wore the coloured tights with it.
Staying with family/having family over can be hectic and it's definitely important to spend time with them :)
xJennaD

The Dragonfruit said...

Just like spending time with family is a priority, so is spending time in God's word and in His fellowship. This is something that's actually been on my heart lately, especially since I've been so busy with school, work, and Senate. I've definitely gotta force myself to make that time!
Anyway, your lovely self is looking smashing in this adorable Modcloth dress! I love the tights you chose with it :)

The Dragonfruit Diaries

Imogen said...

It is so exciting that you now have a modcloth dress. This is a stunning choice and an excellent find. Of all the prints I have ever seen, this must be up there as one of the best ever. So beautiful. I love the coloured tights you paired with it. I always love your hair but this is my absolute favourite style and texture in which you wear it.

Beth (Coffee Until Cocktails) said...

Super cute dress! I usually find ModCloth stuff is too small, so yours being too big is interesting to me! I like what you did with it though!

And family time is important! And weddings are awesome - I hope it is a blast!

Kristian said...

That sounds like it was a great message and church service.

Love your first modcloth purchase; looks so lovely on you.

The Braided Bandit said...

Katie you look WONDERFUL! This is my favorite outfit of yours ever!!! Everything matches perfectly, the print is amazing and the raspberry color looks so good on you! Totally just pinned it to my style inspiration board :)
I think its great that you are just enjoying friends and family instead of getting to wrapped up in blogging.
Have a wonderful day!
xo Hannah

thebraidedbandit.blogspot.com
thebraidedbandit.etsy.com

Jessi said...

Aw congrats to your Sis-in-law! How exciting!! I'm loving your first Modcloth purchase, The pattern is SO darling! It's so hard to know what size to get when you buy online but I'm glad you were able to make it work cuz it's seriously SO cute! Especially with those fun tights and sunnies! And that lip color is perfect on you! So gorgeous.
Jessi
http://haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

That blazer is just so cute and perfect with that dress! And your dress looks gorgeous, as usual!

xoxo,
Laura
http://lauraisthriftingthroughlife.blogspot.com/

Taylor Laree said...

AH colored tights! Definitely my favorite part of fall style. Love your's & that dress!

Congrats to your sister in law as well. I love weddings too. They can be so fun!

Flounces & Hubbub

Halie said...

Beautiful printtt.
http://halielandry.blogspot.com/

Jessie Swenson said...

I love that outfit. The sunglasses and the lipstick are good touches.

Unknown said...

Modcloth is the best, though sometimes the sizing is questionable, and I absolutely adore the pattern and the dress shape. You look fabulous! I bet the wedding shower was so much fun!
Amia

Alexandra Marie said...

Just found your blog from The Braided Bandit and I'm in love! You rock the vintage look Darling! New follower via Bloglovin' <3 Alex

tobebeautifulingodseyes.blogspot.com

Dus of Cuddly Cacti said...

you look gorgeous Katie!! i saw this on Pinterest, I think Hannah (maybe?) pinned it and just loved it. i think it's perfect w/ the blazer as well. i'd never heard of pinning up the shoulders but i guess that makes sense. online shopping can be tricky for me as well as I am broad shouldered and have high hips and longer legs than my torso, none of which i mind but ya, i know how the online order goes : ). anyway, you look simply gorgeous! and i'm glad you're spending great time w/ family, the blog can always wait. that's wonderful you love your church so much.
Cuddly Cacti
Mitla Moda