Friday, August 9, 2013

Friday Inspiration: Bomb Girls


Why hello there!
I thought I'd share a bit of inspiration with you on this Friday. I've recently been introduced to a Canadian drama called 'Bomb Girls'. It is set during WWII in a munitions factory centering around a group of women who make bombs for the war. Now, I'm not going to recommend the show on it's content. I have very high standards and this definitely doesn't meet them for me as far as cleanliness is concerned (although it's not the worst I've seen). 
What I will recommend the show on is it's wardrobe. Every episode is filled with gorgeous 1940's clothing from flowing trousers and blouses, to nipped in dresses and hats. I don't even pay attention to the plot line because I'm too busy taking notes on what all the girls are wearing. Not to mention the hairstyles, makeup, and accessories are all spot on gorgeous and I'd love to step onto the set of bomb girls if only for the aesthetic deliciousness.






God Bless!
KJA


Isaiah 33:2
Lord, be gracious to us;
    we long for you.
Be our strength every morning,
    our salvation in time of distress.

5 comments:

Ali Hval said...

Whaaaat. I have totally gotta get on this show... the clothing is gorgeous, and I always loved learning about WW2. Also ugh, these looks are so much "tougher" than other vintage era clothes, I feel, especially with the muted colors and gloves? Idk, I get that feel from that. That first look especially. Fiiierce!

Elana said...

I've never heard of this show! But holy crap, these costumes are INCREDIBLE! I definitely need to check this out!

Elliementary, My Dear said...

I just finished watching the first season this week. Its no Mad Men but you are right in that the clothes will make you want to keep watching :)

Lindsey Louise Bales said...

i have never heard of this show, but it is now a must watch for me! i adore all of their pants and incredible hair!

lindsey louise

hellomrrabbitblog.com

Dus of Cuddly Cacti said...

wow the costumes are incredible!! i doubt i'll ever see the show but am really glad you shared their outfits because they really are great inspiration. that last one esp catches my eye, the coat is so beautiful and the tie from the top sticking out... i'd never have thought of that simple touch.

Cuddly Cacti
Mitla Moda