Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Pepto Pink

So, sometimes I like to wear bright colors. Like flag me down from across a field bright. Like, no silly I didn't dress up as a bottle of pepto bismol for halloween, this is just my dress! I've been wanting to put this dress on the blog for a few weeks now, but I hadn't had a chance to take pictures of it yet! It is one of my favorite finds. I bought it at my best thrift spot, and when I brought it to the register, the lady checking me out got all excited because she said it used to be her dress! She even asked if I would  wear it in to show her sometime. I said, "of course!" and it was such a fun moment to see the joy in her eyes that someone else was going to enjoy her beloved dress. 
It actually had a large grease stain near the bottom of it, which is why I didn't wear it right away. However, I've discovered Fels-Naptha soap (where have you been all my life?!) and as soon as I tried that the stain came right out! I also made my own laundry detergent and it's working swimmingly, I'll have to post about that soon as well :)


I love LOVE 3-d vintage textiles. Sure, they're a bit bulkier in some ways, but they're so much more interesting and structured than clothing one can buy at a store now. It gives the garment depth and a pattern while still retaining its monochromatic color palette-genius!


Also, it's difficult to tell, but I finally got myself a haircut recently! I just trimmed off a couple of inches, but it feels so much nicer now and I know it will grow faster now that all the ratty ends are cut off. I love the fresh feeling of a haircut! I always want to go in and do something drastic, but I don't think I ever will. I see all of these people rocking saweeet pixie or short haircuts and I would love to try that out for like a DAY but I know I would want my hair back afterwords. Maybe I should try a wig? No? Ok....


Happy Tuesday friends! Weather is completely gorgeous here so I think it's time to head out for a bike ride :) Got any exciting plans for your week?

God Bless!
KJA

Jeremiah 17:7-8
But blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in him. They will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit.



Wearing:
Dress, Bag, Earrings- Vintage
Flats- Payless

Ps: Don't forget to enter the Firmoo giveaway so you can get yourself a pretty pair of glasses or sunglasses!!

13 comments:

Beth (Coffee Until Cocktails) said...

What a sweet and lovely dress! And I think it's so cute that the gal at the register was excited to see you take it home! I think this is far brighter than Pepto pink, in a good way! It is lovely, I really like it!

Sian Thomas said...

I bought a bright pink vintage dress with a matching jacket recently and haven't worn it out yet - I should definitely do as this looks amazing on you!
And I know exactly what you mean with hair. I would love to try out a cute bob, but I'd want my hair back the next day :D
http://www.rebelangel.co.uk/

JennaStevie said...

I absolutely love this colour on you, such a nice bright pink!! It's such a perfectly summery shade. I love brights in the summer, they're so cheery!
It's awesome that you got the grease stain out, I'll have to try that soap, I am notorious for staining my clothes
xJennaD

Sammi said...

Beautiful dress! The color is great (definitely not Pepto Bismol-y at all!), and the button details are wonderful. And your hair looks so lovely here. :)

xox Sammi
www.thesoubrettebrunette.blogspot.com

Caitlin M. Peterson of the (ef)Face said...

OMG the sleeeeeeves! And it sounds like you and your fave thrift spot lady really share a bond!! How cool!

xoxox
theefface.blogspot.com

Charmaine said...

You look nice in EVERY colour!

Ali Hval said...

Haha, I loved reading this post, Katie! You made me smile and laugh a few times. Pepto Bismol... that's too cute of a comparison. I think you look stunning in that dress, and man, the texture of that thick fabric is so neat! It looks so ridiculously high quality, too. Like that's gonna last you FOREVER.

PS) Eee, a bike ride! I wanna go on a bike ride with youuuuu! I love bikes. Ride mine every day. :)

Sweets and Hearts said...

yay for bright colors!!! i think this shade is much prettier than "pepto pink" ;) the dress looks great on you!

erica | sweets + hearts

Imogen said...

I love wearing colours this bright too! It makes me feel happy and excited. This shade of pink suits you so well, gorgeous. I adore the texture of the dress and the buttons; these details really set it apart.

Juci said...

You are so pretty in that dress! The colour is beautiful, and I love your bag, too!
Juci

JB said...

This dress is so pretty! I love the color of it. And those buttons! Oh, I love them.

Unknown said...

That dress is just amazing! I love the color and the style is just perfect! And isn't it just so awesome to know where it came from? That is just so cool!

xoxo,
Laura
http://lauraisthriftingthroughlife.blogspot.com/

Kristian said...

Very pretty- it is interesting to see these more textiled pieces too.

I'll be interested in reading your post on handmade laundry detergent