Friday, August 3, 2012

Summer Simple

I have trouble dressing how I want to in the summer. I'm such a lover of layers and summer certainly doesn't lend itself to that. I'm always trying to find simple, vintage pieces that I can throw on in warmer weather! This tank of my grandmothers and vintage shorts fit the bill perfectly! Just one layer-simple, simple. And of course, these shoes again. Once I find an item I love I wear it to death for a while until I feel as though I've done it justice!
Paired with my wet locks I look a little worn from the long week. I was so glad it was Friday today! I'm in need of a little refresher for sure.
Tomorrow morning a friend and I are going to check out the fair together! I'm very excited :)
Have a relaxing weekend all!
God Bless,
KJA

Jeremiah 33:2-3
This is what the Lord says—the Lord who made the earth, who formed and established it, whose name is the Lord: Ask me and I will tell you remarkable secrets you do not know about things to come.





















Wearing:
Top, shorts, shoes- vintage
Necklace- Charlotte Russe

7 comments:

Sampada said...

Love that collar necklace :)

-Rose

JB said...

I can totally relate! Fall/Winter is my favorite because I can pile on the layers. In the summer, I don't even want to be wearing clothes because it's so hot. But nakedness is not cool in public, so it's a simple top + skirt combo for me. Your outfit is the perfect summer look--nice and cool, but still fashionable! Oh, and I adore your shoes. They are perfection!

Ali Hval said...

Haha, I know what you mean--all I wanna do is wear tights during the summer, but I can't! Oh well, it'll be winter soon enough. :D I really like how you're wearing that pretty collared necklace over that floral shirt. And there are those amazing vintage shoes again! <3

ps) Awe!! You are too sweet. :D I'm glad that you think my posts are funny. I try, even though I don't always succeed. ;) You're too nice to say that!

Midwest Muse said...

Is this a collar or a necklace? Either way it's rather fabulous and I'm feelin' you on the layers. It takes so much out of me to wear simply a dress. But once winter hits, I'll be whining just the same.

Head to Toe Chic said...

I love your necklace and the detail on your shorts!

xo,
Angela
headtotoechic.blogspot.com

Jessica said...

i love those shoes!!

-Jessica
http://www.jumpintopuddles.com

Lorena said...

What a beautiful necklace, i could have sworn it was vintage - but read in the description it was actually Charlotte Russe ! what a surprise.