Monday, June 23, 2014

Outfit: Grandma's 1950's Pink Suit Set


Why hello! I am gone at camp, but I had some posts saved up for a special occasion, so I thought this was a good opportunity to use those up!
This is an ensemble I wore to church a couple of weekends ago. I got this rather astounding pink suit set that my grandmother made herself in the 1950's. I hadn't worn it until now because it was rather crumpled up and I had specific instructions from grandma NOT to iron this material. It still isn't perfectly wrinkle free, but I couldn't wait another moment to wear it. It is slightly too large in the shoulders for me, but pish posh I don't care! I love the shoulder/collar detailing, the fit of the waist/skirt, and the adorable little matching jacket with a peter pan collar! Oh grandma, can I just get in a time machine and see all of the things you saw while wearing this suit? I want to know!










God Bless!
KJA

Psalm 67:4
Let the whole world sing for joy,
    because you govern the nations with justice
    and guide the people of the whole world. 



Wearing:
Suit- Vintage, Grandmother's
Hat- Vintage, Thrifted
Bag- Vintage, Thrifted
Earrings- Vintage, Rummage Sale
Shoes- Gordman's
Sunglasses- Tatters Vintage in Minneapolis

6 comments:

Kristian said...

Oh, Katie. This is stunning. I love the shoulder detail of the dress especially. Also, this color is absolutely stunning on you!

Cathy said...

I love this suit on you! The color is really pretty too. Have fun at camp!

Magdalena said...

It looks so lovely on you! And I adore your lipstick colour :)

Savvy Spinster Vintage said...

So pretty! It's amazing that she made that herself- very skillful!
:-)
-Melissa

Unknown said...

I can't believe that was your grandmothers! Its so beautiful and its so special that she still had that to be able to give to you. Im sure its a piece you'll always cherish. While my grandmother never had clothes to me she did have some jewelry and I know its nice to always think of her when I wear it. http://theredlipchronicles.blogspot.com

Bookworm said...

So adorable - love pink!