Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Outfit: Blackberry Dress


Well hello! About a year ago at our local flea market I found this dress. It was so beautiful all blue and filled with a sweet blackberry print. I passed it up at the time because I didn't think it would fit me and I was an idiot back then, ok?! About a month ago I went back to said flea market and a vendor (whom I did not remember at the time) offered to bring vintage dresses for me the following day. Lo and behold this dress was among the bunch and the vendor said, "I was wondering why you didn't buy that last year!" It waited for me all this time :) And the dress is even better than I imagined! It still has its original belt, an adorable triple tie bow at the front and is in rather perfect condition. This is why I have trouble passing up vintage purchases-they always come back to me anyway!

Also, if you'd like to know how I did my hair, I have a tutorial that I made last summer! I did everything the same except that my hair was straight this time instead of curly. You can find it here!




















Tomorrow I am off to Minneapolis to see a NEEDTOBREATHE concert and I could not be more excited! They are my favorite, favorite band and I have only gotten to see them one time at a festival. I am ecstatic to see them in a full concert of their own!

God Bless,
KJA


Colossians 3:13
Make allowance for each other’s faults, and forgive anyone who offends you. Remember, the Lord forgave you, so you must forgive others. 


Wearing:
Dress- Vintage, Benson's Flea Market, Similar Here, Here, and Here
Shoes- Vintage, Benson's Flea Market
Earrings- Vintage, Rummage Sale,
Lipstick- Revlon Cream Lipstick in Raisin Rage

9 comments:

Cathy said...

Beautiful dress! I love your hairstyle too.

Sammi said...

This dress is SO darling, Katie, and your hair looks perfect. I need to check out this tutorial! I'm styling Jana's Bernie Dexter rocket print dress soon (once we get some sunshine) and I want to try an updo like this with it!

xox Sammi

Gracey the Giant said...

I can't believe you ever passed on this dress; it is gorgeous on you. And I love your hair!

Savvy Spinster Vintage said...

What an absolutely amazing dress! It was totally fate for you to own this! Lovely hair and shoes, too!
:-)
-Melissa

Unknown said...

Im so glad you and that dress found each other once again, because it clearly was meant to be! I'm excited to check out some of your hair tutorials, it actually was the reason I found your blog!

-Stephanie said...

I'm so happy you were able to find this dress again! You were meant to have it! It looks so pretty on you, and your hair is beautiful.

Jessi said...

You are amazing at doing all these elaborate hairstyles! I don't think I could follow the tutorial if I tried haha. And this dress is darling! Glad it waited for you :)

Jessi
www.haircutandgeneralattitude.com

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, that dress is perfect! It looks like you and that dress were meant to be united!

Have a great time at the concert!

xoxo,
Laura
http://lauraisthriftingthroughlife.blogspot.com/

Ali Hval said...

Let me just start off by saying I love how when I read your posts, I can hear them in your darling voice! Hehehe, from the videos you've posted I can now imitate a Katie-voice in my head and hear "Why hello there!" and it's just really rad and I had to share that. :)

That dress is a magical little gem! Isn't it nice to be able to have something for a year and know that it will be a good piece for even more years to come? The orange and blue pattern on it is very lovely, and it fits you so nice!

Have a wonderful Friday the 13th, Katie! DON'T GO UNDER ANY LADDERS! Or else... dooooom! *_*