Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Floral Tuxedo


The wind has been a little bit crazy here lately, but I really can't complain what with hurricane Sandy on it's way through the East coast. I think South Dakota is about the best place to live. The only bad weather we have to worry about are blizzards and the occasional tornado. I'll take that over hurricanes!
 The weather here the past couple of days has actually been very nice, albeit a bit too sunny for nice photos. I have so many swapped items in my closet that I need to take pictures of and send back to their owners, but I just have to figure out the right time to do it! I've tried getting up early in the morning to take photos, but it is already too sunny then. The only time would be in the evening and by the time we get home from work it is too dark...haha-first world blogger problems right?!
I got this coat from (who else?) my stylish grandmother! She told me it was her first, "grown up coat." I adore it so much. It is one of my favorite colors and is just made so well. She kept her clothing in great condition which I am so thankful for! 




 This skirt is a swap from Jessica from Midwest Muse. She has the most lovely pieces and I couldn't wait to style up this amazing skirt! It has a really nice gauzy texture and the loveliest print. I called this outfit the "Floral Tuxedo" as a play on head-to-toe denim which is the Canadian Tuxedo. I just couldn't resist pairing my vintage floral top with this skirt because the colors and flowers matched so well! Even if it is a bit obnoxious to the eye, I quite liked the combination. I feel as though it was a nice step out of my comfort zone as I don't often mix bold prints with one another.







Told you it was windy! :D Here was my "Marilyn Moment":





Soon I will post about this swap on Flock Together and you will get to see how Jessica styled this skirt as well. I will link to it when it launches! 

Have a lovely day all :)
God Bless,
KJA

Romans 12:1
And so, dear brothers and sisters, I plead with you to give your bodies to God because of all he has done for you. Let them be a living and holy sacrifice—the kind he will find acceptable. This is truly the way to worship him.




Wearing:
Coat- Grandmother's
Hat, blouse, shoes, belt-Vintage, thrifted
Skirt- Swap with Jessica from Midwest Muse
Tights- Walmart

7 comments:

Heather said...

How cute are you!? I am in love with that jacket and it contrasts so beautifully with that hat!

XO
Pearls & Paws

Ali Hval said...

Your grandma is one stylish lady for having worn that coat once before. And how awesome that it fits you, yes yes? :D The color and cut are both so gorgeous!

I adore the pastel colors underneath~ so many lovely florals, and that belt ties it all together so well!

Beth (Coffee Until Cocktails) said...

Your grandma is awesome, what a stylish coat! It's a great color too! I also love the hat!

Yes, MN is similar to South Dakota weather wise, I'll take occasional blizzards/tornadoes over a hurricane any day!

Kristian said...

The head-to-toe floral is somehow very you, so I like it! It really looked more like a dress than two separate pieces at first! Fun.

Also really loving how your clothes all have a story. "First Grown-Up Coat" has such a lovely connotation to it. You can still tell the pride and dignity that she must have felt every time she wore it.

Caitlin M. Peterson of the (ef)Face said...

Love your hat and DRESSSSS!!!!!
So cool that that statement-making coat is from your grandmother; I love wearing my grandmother's things, too!

xoxox
theefface.blogspot.com

Katherine said...

i love this skirt on you - it goes with the top so well it looks like a dress. your coat and bag are my favorite part though!

<3 katherine
of corgis and cocktails

Midwest Muse said...

I love how you styled this. I never would have paired it with more floral, but it's very you and looks perfect together. Your coat is also phenomenal.