Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Flock Together


I have an exciting announcement to make and I thought this was the perfect outfit do debut the news! I am now a part of a new style collective called Flock Together! It is a group consisting of myself and 8 other fantastic bloggers who share a love for style and photography. We will be swapping clothing and posting remix photos on the collective blog as well as our own personal blogs. It is a great way to revamp our wardrobe for a time and be able to style new pieces without having to spend any money on new clothing! How great is that? The first several posts will be each blogger giving an introduction post on their own personal style and blog. I can't wait to check out all of the lovely remixes to come!
The greatest part is that if you would like to be a part of our collective, there is still a chance! Just head on over to Flock Together and hit "Become a Member" to apply. We'd love to have you :)
If you feel so inclined to check it out we would so enjoy it if you would follow along on our blog and even on Facebook!

 

This dress is one that I got as a surprise swap item from the gorgeous Kristian at Never Fully Dressed (Without a Style). I was so excited to receive my first swapped piece. First of all this dress is the most gorgeous deep plum color. I immediately knew I wanted to pair it with my floral crown, and the colors ended up matching perfectly!
I was slightly worried that the dress would be to tiny for me, but I made it work my layering one of my favorite blouses underneath and adding my spotted tights to cover my legs. I loved the result! I felt perfectly fall like and wanted to frolic all around this little field!







The flutter sleeves on this dress are just so enchanting, I love all of the whimsical detailing!









Thanks for reading friends :) I hope you are having a simply lovely week!
God Bless, 
KJA


 Deuteronomy 13:4
Serve only the LORD your God and fear him alone. Obey his commands, listen to his voice, and cling to him.



Wearing:
Earrings- Gift from my sister 
Blouse, boots- Kohl's
Tights- Target
Bag- Dooney and Bourke, thrifted
Floral Crown- Made by me
Dress- Ventti, swapped

12 comments:

JB said...

Congrats on being a part of an awesome team! I can't wait to see you style other people's clothes! Especially if it's like this. I'm in love with this outfit! And your floral crown! Perfectly fall indeed.

Also, these photos are GORGEOUS!

The Braided Bandit said...

You look so pretty! I absolutely love the color of the dress paired with your fall floral crown! Really liked the blouse layering too to make it more you! Hooray Flock Together :)
xo Hannah

Lorena said...

Yay KAtie!
Congrats on Flock Together and you look marvelous in that tone of burgundy. Try it with pink, I guarantee you will love it.

Ali Hval said...

Oooh, what a fun thing to be in! :D I bet it'll make for lots of exciting outfits and such. I do love the color of that dress and how you put the blouse underneath it... you're reminiscent of a medieval princess! <3

Anonymous said...

Wow, that sounds like the coolest collective to be part of...and clearly all ladies with great style :) I love that you threw on this flower crown...such a whimsical touch!

<3 Cambria
jupefashion.blogspot.com

Iqra said...

Love the flower crown, can't believe you made it yourself! adore the burgundy dress, you're right the sleeves create an ethereal silhouette. Also, I just followed 'flock together' and I'm really liking what I see !

hope all is well,
Iqra

70th and Chic

Veronika Novotny said...

That dress is so gorgeous! I'm so smitten with the colour and love it paired with the polka dot tights, so pretty!! Hope you're having a fabulous week! xo

Melissa said...

fun outfit! love the flower crown & polka dot tights. you look lovely :)
Oh, My

Kristian said...

Oh I love what you did with this (and that you found a way to make it work though you were worried about it). This is, no exaggeration, the best outfit I've seen wit this dress. Love the shirt underneath with the cool sleeves and the floral crown so much!

Also- yay Flock Together!

Katherine said...

that dress is PERFECT on you - it's so different on you both and i love it with that floral crown! you look stunning

<3 katherine
of corgis and cocktails

Marisa Noelle said...

I keep falling head over heels for ALL your outfits Katie! Kristian's dress looks awesome on you and I am swooning over the way you've styled it with the romantic blouse and oversized crown! I got your gorgeous jacket in the mail and I cannot wait to give it a go. I already have the outfit planned out but first I have to get- un-sick. This nasty fall cold has been lingering :(

Can't wait to see more of your remixes with the Flock Together team :) xo Marisa

LyddieGal said...

I love your cute thrifted Dooney & Bourke bag - have fun with the style collective!
Chic on the Cheap