Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Simple


This is a really simple, not very exciting ensemble. Nothing is vintage and all of the pieces are really old! But this is what I wore to work today :) The weather was absolutely gorgeous and in the 70's so it was a lovely day for a simple skirt! I got these shoes for a dollar a few summers ago and I kind of think they make me look like a roman soldier...but they were great for playing with the kiddos today!



I spent my morning making TONS of zucchini bread. I got a huge zucchini from a friend's garden and just went to town! I made 1 large normal loaf, 8 mini loaves, and one cake of zucchini bread. Whew! It is even more delicious than I imagined. Like a cross between banana and pumpkin bread. I had trouble grating the zucchini though...I ended up pureeing it instead of grating it, which I think I liked better because it gave the bread a more velvety texture.
I also tried two different recipes, and I cannot decide which I liked better! Here are the links to the recipes I used: Recipe 1, Recipe 2.

One of the yummy mini loaves!











Happy Wednesday everyone!
God Bless,
KJA


1 Peter 3:3-4
Don’t be concerned about the outward beauty of fancy hairstyles, expensive jewelry, or beautiful clothes. You should clothe yourselves instead with the beauty that comes from within, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is so precious to God.


Wearing:
Top- Charlotte Russe
Skirt- Shopko
Shoes- Payless
Earrings- Vendor at corn fest

4 comments:

Head to Toe Chic said...

I love your sandals and that bread looks so good!

xo,
Angela
headtotoechic.blogspot.com

Anni said...

Your skirt is so pretty ! (:
i'm you 51th reader ;)

http://annisherzchen.blogspot.de/

Anonymous said...

Oh my stars, that bread looks sooooooo good...I can't abide zucchinis so I never bake with them...but I love eating other people's zucchini treats :) You look very adorable in your "old but not vintage" look...kinda fun to see you in something different :)

<3 Cambria
jupefashion.blogspot.com

Ali Hval said...

Oooh, that bread looks so good! I just love bread. It's shaped so cute and it's just... bread, oh bread. Adorable, delicious, fluffy bread. :)

And this is cute, even for being so simple as you say! I'm loving those gladiator sandals.