Saturday, May 12, 2012

What's Been Going On...

The past few days have been kind of a blur for me.
In school on Thursday, in the midst of walking my first graders down the hall, I collapsed and found myself completely unsure of what was going on. I had felt like I was going to pass out so I called the name of a teacher walking down the hall. I did not want to have one of my kiddos have to run and get an adult. I ended up collapsing and falling against the wall. The other teachers ran to help me to the floor and I was completely helpless. I couldn't move my arms or legs and felt like my whole body was numb (like how it feels when your foot falls asleep). I ended up being rushed to the hospital and having numerous tests done on me over the period of two days. They included an EKG of my heart, EEG of my brain, CT scan, MRI, Ultrasound on my heart, Venus dopplex, tilt table test, and a ton of lab testing on my blood. The tilt table test showed the cardiologist that I have a heart condition called POTS Syndrome, or Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome. It basically means that my heart rate slows when I am sitting or laying down and then rapidly increases when I am moved to the standing position. This triggers my blood flow to lessen causing me to almost pass out. Apparently I have what the cardiologist called, "Good maintenance" which means that I am able to keep myself from losing consciousness instead of blacking out entirely. They are just worried about this happening maybe while I am driving, which would be awful of course.
They doctors prescribed a heart medication for me, which I may or may not have to take for the rest of my life. It's a very scary thought. Apparently this plagues many young people, especially women (because of the loss of blood).
I am praising God that the doctors found some answers and ask for continued prayer as we figure out my medications and where to go from here. The doctors assured me that once I get myself recuperated this disease shouldn't affect my daily life. Exercise helps the condition, as well as getting extra fluids and eating more salt.
God always has a plan and I'm so glad that He was with me during this time. I couldn't have gotten through some of those tests without continually praying.
Hopefully I will be back to health soon
God Bless,
KJA

Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in theLORD with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks tо my father whο stated to me on the topіc οf this web sіte, thiѕ website is gеnuinеly
aweѕοmе.

Feel free to suгf to my blоg - tetris Battle cheat