Monday, May 7, 2012

Welcome to Adulthood

This was what I wore to church on Sunday. The pastor's wife told me she finally figured out what was different about me-and it was the way I dress! She said that I don't look like everyone else and she couldn't figure out why...haha. I'll take that as a compliment!




My kids at school today asked me if I was graduated now. I told them yes. One little boy said, "Mrs. Aman-welcome to adulthood!!" Haha! That was the best thing I heard all day! That kiddo knows what graduation is all about I guess ;) Then they all rushed up and gave me a big group hug :D It made me feel better. I was worried after being a mean, grouchy teacher last week that they wouldn't like me anymore-I guess weekends make everything better!




I found this vintage shell clasp belt a few years ago, but I don't wear it very much because it tends to not stay clasped because it is too big...which is a problem. It came undone twice during the church service...but no one noticed...! I'm going to have to try to fix it somehow because I just love it so much!












Also, it isn't super noticeable, but I finally got a haircut the other day. I donated my hair back in November, only to get home and realize that it was cut sort of uneven and lopsided. However, I didn't go back and have it cleaned up because I just didn't have the time. I finally went to get it evened out and I love it! I added some layers at the front too. So much better. I'm liking this length so far! I'm so used to having hair down to my waist, it was quite a change, but one I'm definitely embracing :)












Hope you're having a simply lovely Monday! I have one more week of solo teaching and then just three more days of school next week to finish off the year. Here's to a super-fast whirlwind week ahead of me!

God Bless,
KJA

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
Always be joyful. Never stop praying. Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.


Wearing:
Earrings-Vintage Avon, from Mama's jewelry box
Bag-Vintage, thrifted
Fur Stole- Vintage, thrifted
Dress- Vintage, given to me by a friend
Jacket- Vintage, Ragstock
Belt-Vintage
Shoes- Gordman's

No comments: