Thursday, March 21, 2013

What I Wore to Work

Hello, hello! And how was your first day of spring yesterday? It was cold here, but gloriously sunny. It's funny to think that last year at this date the weather was up in the 80's and now it's mid 20's! I'll tell you something though, if this means a mild summer, I will take the cold temps now. The heat is something I am not fond of.


I didn't realize quite how short I was until I saw these photos. Maybe it's the boots that are a bit tall? Or the long scarf? At any rate I have some shorty little legs, haha. Makes me laugh. Now THAT'S why I can't run very fast! Can you picture me just running down the sidewalk like a little duck? It's a hilarious sight, let me tell you ;)


I've been posting a lot of work wear outfits lately. I've been trying to spruce up what I wear by making it more colorful. My work 'uniform' is generally some form of chambray+cardigan+scarf+skinnies+boots. And done. When the weather finally does warm up I'll just substitute the boots for flats and take away the sweater and scarf! See, I have this all thought out, haha.


Hope you're all staying well and happy wherever you are! 
Blessings, 
KJA

Jeremiah 17:7-8
But blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in him. They will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit.



Wearing:
Top, Cardigan, Scarf, Jeans- Target (oops :) )
Boots- Sears

12 comments:

The Dragonfruit said...

Hahaha, you and I have the same problem Katie - which is why I prefer heeled/wedged shoes whenever I can get away with it. Short legged girl problems! xD
I like this colorful outfit though, and the riding boots are definitely a nice touch :)
And thanks for the encouraging comment! <3

Trendy Teal

Anastasia said...

I think your legs are fine!and I love your colourful outfit :)
xo
Anastasia
http://natbeesfashion.blogspot.com

Beth (Coffee Until Cocktails) said...

I LOVE all your colors in this outfit! I have been trying to be more colorful too, it helps with this everlasting winter we're having over here!

nancy @ adore to adorn said...

adore this color mix!!!
xo,
nancy

Chelsea Finn said...

I love how colorful this outfit is! It's perfect for Spring despite the cold temps.
And you have the prettiest hair!

<3Chelsea Elizabeth

Dus of Cuddly Cacti said...

ah girl don't even remind me about the heat! i actually dread spring because over in Phx it means summer will be here in no time.. and I was already sweaty riding my bike home from work in just tights and a cardi yesterday : ( ick. but anyway, rambling, thank you for your kind comment on my beach post, i'm glad to hear you didnt mind the cirlces around the pics & sorry for my delayed replies in general, I always love stopping by your blog but things have been just crazy lately.

Jessi said...

Love the colors! Those jeans are amazing, I want some that color haha. You can never go wrong with chambray and boots, especially when you dress it up all cute like this!
and I hate that its so much colder this year. I'll take the heat over the cold any day!
-Jessi
haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

Ashley of Southern (California) Belle said...

I love all the colors in your work outfit! My outfit is scrubs so I'm always trying to find ways to add in some color. And your hair is gorgeous!!! I wish I could grow mine that long again. Ever since I cut it a while back it's kind of refusing to grow!

xo

Ashley

Southern (California) Belle

Ali Hval said...

Glad the weather is as weird there as it is here! It was 70 degrees yesterday and 35 this morning. But I like the weird changes. It lets me wear different things all the time, ha ha!

All the colors in this outfit are so fuuunn! Pink, green, blue, and purple, oh my! And you don't even clash. How'd you manage that, you magical lady, you? :)

Keit said...

Short girls are the best I always say! They're cute and sexy at the same time :P
Love the color combo in your outfit, so pretty!!!

Georgia. said...

I love this classic look, gorgeous colours :)
Georgia x
satiablefashion.blogspot.co.uk

Lorena said...

I think this is one of my favorite outfits of yours.
Love all the color, the backdrop and your hair.... very pretty Katie.