Thursday, March 28, 2013

Blue Sky

First of all, check me out on Flock Together today! I'm remixing an awesome skirt that I borrowed :)
 
I suppose I need to start filtering all of the wintery posts out of my drafts in anticipation for warmer weather! You know, if that ever comes. I'm not sure why I started taking photos in advance and scheduling my posts, but I find it's so much easier for me this way. This particular outfit was worn on quite a cold day here. I pulled out these super cute legwarmers that my older sister found for my birthday! I actually don't have any argyle in my wardrobe so they were a perfect warm and cozy addition :) She knows me so well!


I loved how clear and blue the sky was on this day. It was just beautiful with not a cloud in the sky. I love the natural gradient of color too. I always wondered where that came from as a kid working in programs like Word or Paint. I would always use the gradient color function and thought it was so cool. It's neat to notice that about the sky now, how it fades from darker blue to white! Pretty, pretty :)


I think natural light is such a pretty addition to photos. It's funny because Sean and I are in the process of looking at homes to buy and we tend to look at different attributes of the homes. He's looking at all the construction/utility side of things and I look at things like: Will it have lots of natural light? Is there a good photo taking spot? A walk in closet? Haha. We can see where my priorities lie! 
Looking at homes is such a scary prospect though. Our lease on the apartment is up this summer and I don't know if that's enough time to find a place that we want to live at fairly long-term. We don't want to rush into anything that's not going to be right for us. I keep drooling over the old and pretty houses, but they cost so much more in utilities because of the old windows and lack of insulation. I just hope to find a compromise of things that we will enjoy in a home. Sean wants one with a basement, and I keep telling him that a walk in closet is a necessity but it's gonna take some convincing ;).


Today is my last day of work for the week! We get Friday and Monday off for spring break/Easter which will be nice. Plus the weather is supposedly going to be in the 50's!!! Which is gorgeous if you ask me. I finally got back into my running program too so it's perfect timing. 

God Bless!
KJA

1 Timothy 2:5-6
For there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus, who gave himself as a ransom for all people. This has now been witnessed to at the proper time.



Wearing:
 Everything is vintage except the socks (gift), and tights (walmart)

12 comments:

Caitlin M. Peterson of the (ef)Face said...

Gorgeous! I love how you look in blue. :) And that hat is to die for!

xoxox
theefface.blogspot.com

Ali Hval said...

Natural light is so so pretty, and such a necessity for a home! I hope that you find something that suits both you and your hubby's needs--so you can have your lovely light, and so he can have his man cave (really, why else would he want a basement? ;)).

Your argyle socks are so cute! And that jacket is a stunner. I just love navy blue on you! And speaking of blue, the blue gradient of the sky really is gorgeous. It was the first thing I noticed when I clicked into this post... so very nice. And you didn't even need to edit it or anything, how perfect is that?!

Elana said...

I love this dress every time you wear it! It's just perfect on you. And the socks are such a fun touch!

Good luck house hunting! I hope you get your walk-in closet :)

The Dragonfruit said...

You are definitely making those argyle socks work with that dress! I love the last few photos indoors especially - the soft, golden light is just oh so pretty. You look positively dreamy :)
And haha, scheduling posts is the only way I've kept my blog updated so regularly. I get photos done on weekends and plan what I'm going to wear for the upcoming week in advance so I'm prepared haha!

Enter my StyleGodis jewelry giveaway here!
Trendy Teal

Kristian said...

I am just always going to be in awe of your hats. End of story.

PS Hope that the house hunting goes well!

My Modern Vintage said...

I think I would need 2 walk in closets! haha
loving your adorable socks great inspiration!
xo Ilana @ My Modern Vintage

Harlow Darling said...

These photos are so lovely, what a perfect backdrop! I LOVE your coat!!!
Good luck with the house hunting, hope you do find a place with nice lighting and a walk in closet :P

two birds said...

i hope you're enjoying your time off! i love the mix of patterns inthis outfit, and despite the cold, you look so cozy!

Unknown said...

such an amazing look! would you like to check out my blog too maybe we can follow each other? xoxo

www.roxysun.com

SomeoneLikeYou said...

Oh jeez, your indoor pictures are so superb! Whenever I try to take outfit photos inside they come out so grainy and with too much noise :( Booo! Hope the weather brightens up soon! I love how you put verses in your posts, too. Such a beautiful touch ♥

Dus of Cuddly Cacti said...

we rent an old home & it's def true.. the utilities really add up way too quickly. we keep our AC on 82 or even 84 all summer & put it to 88 during the day when no one's home but the bill is still triple the winter months of no AC... so sad. anyway, natural lighting is HUGE though, really impacts my mood so much at least. can you go month to month on your apartment? a coworker of mine just did that while they searched for houses. anyway, the lighting really is great & i love the gorgeous rural scenery here! all your layers w/ the hat & socks are fun too. hope you have a fantastic easter w/ family and enjoy your little time off!
http://dusanabotswana.com/

Unknown said...

That dress is so adorable! I really like the shoes that you paired it with as well!

xoxo,
Laura
http://lauraisthriftingthroughlife.blogspot.com/