Monday, August 29, 2011

Seattle: Day Two-Roaming the City and My First Taste of Seafood

This was quite the packed day for my sister Jeni and I. I will try to recount to you all each of our adventures, although it may take a while.

The day started out for us at Kent Station (doesn't that just sound fantastic?) We waited for the train (basically a commuter train) with quite a bit of excitement. :) It was gloomy and cool out-my favorite type of weather! Our destination was downtown Seattle.







Seattle is home to the very first Starbucks-which we actually saw while we were there! But there is literally one on every corner. The shops weren't open yet, so Jen and I went to a Starbucks for a lovely scone and hot chocolate! Ya...we took pictures- we're pretty much awesome sauce...










There were lots of pretty walls and murals to take pictures of! I love all of the cultures of different cities. Each one has it's own feel to it-Seattle is very hipster.







Jenifer and I went to the Historic Gold Rush Museum as soon as it opened. We're suckers for things like that-of course...the only thing I ended up taking pictures of were these shoes....go figure! But aren't they drool-worthy? What happened to this style and why haven't they brought it back yet! I'm not rich enough yet for custom made shoes!









We went a few other places too, like the Curiosity Shop-which had things like shrunken heads and mummies, and some awesome ancient games, like this one that measures your 'sex appeal' bahaha! Unfortunately...we found out that I'm not very sexy..my sister got all the way up to burnin'! I've always said she was hot.



We went to the historic Smith Tower for a great view of the city as well. It was super cool!




I also got my very first taste of fish and chips-which are, of course, fantastic! There were seagulls lined up waiting for us to finish our fries and share some with them! Greedy little scuttles ;) Jeni was braver than I was...we took a video of us feeding them...and I scream a lot...




That afternoon we went to Pike's Place Fish Market-where they sing and throw fish to each other! It was quite the awesome experience and very delightful to watch...only not so delightful to smell...The market is such a fun place! There is so much to see and do there and you can buy the most incredible bouquets of flowers for as little as five to ten dollars! If I lived in Seattle I would have just went down to the market on my wedding day and saved a bundle on my flowers! So gorgeous...



We also went to the aquarium and saw many adorable animals including sea lions, starfish, and our favorite-sea otters and river otters:



For supper we met up with our aunt and uncle for some Crab Pot! I've never really had seafood before-so this was sure an experience for me! I had to wear a bib and was astounded by the amount of shells and things with eyes that they dumped on our table...needless to say I don't think seafood is my favorite thing ever-but it sure was fun! I didn't mind the oysters/mussels? But I couldn't eat the shrimp....they had eyes and I just couldn't stomach it!




After that we went and saw a little bit more of the city, some beaches, Puget Sound, a great skyline, a gorgeous sunset-what more could we ask for on this lovely journey!?















And just because I love it-here's a shot of the ring I bought off of a street vendor for super cheap-uhh huh! I love it!



More tomorrow :)
God Bless!

Wearing:
Top-Macy's
Sweater-Thrifted
Earrings-Thrifted
Jeggings-Charlotte Russe
Shoes-Target

No comments: