Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine's Day


I have my Sean home with me on Valentine's Day. Granted, he is working remotely on his computer right now. However I still got to make him a special breakfast and just having him home makes life a bit sweeter today. We have fun plans to get all gussied up tonight in vintage attire and hit the town at our favorite diner. I'll probably be spending the afternoon trying to get my hair to curl or some other such nonsense. 


I've had this dress for at least five years, but I have yet to wear it on the blog. I've worn it to a few weddings and such. I thought Valentine's Day was the perfect way to debut this beauty in all of its pink, polka-dotted glory.  It is quite fun to twirl around in and I love the shape of it.









I hope you all have a very blessed and wonderful Valentine's Day filled with the ones you love. Before I was married I shared this day with my parents or my gal pals-whatever people make you happy are the ones you should be with today!
Don't forget there is One who loves you ultimately and infinitely today as well :)

God Bless!
KJA

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.


Wearing:
Dress- JC Penny
Blouse- Macy's
Tights- Target
Shoes- You by Crocs, Thrifted 
Belt- Thrifted 
Coat- Thrifted 
Ring- Gift from a friend :) 

13 comments:

JennaStevie said...

This is an absolutely beautiful dress, I love it!! It looks great with the pops of colour too :)
xJennaD

Beth (Coffee Until Cocktails) said...

That is the sweetest little dress, so perfect for Valentine's Day! I'm glad you and the hubby get to spend the day together! Enjoy your night at the diner!

JB said...

Such a beautiful dress! I love how you added fun colors to it. Hope your Valentine's Day is wonderful!! :)

Jessi said...

Katie I love this dress and how you paired it with the blouse! What a perfect combo. Your night sounds so fun! We're waiting to celebreate until Saturday. Have a wonderful Valentine's Day!
-Jessi
haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

Gracey the Giant said...

Love this outfit. Great color combination and so very pretty on you.

Happy Valentine's Day!

Gracey

Caitlin M. Peterson of the (ef)Face said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous!!! You look amazing! I love the teal tights you paired with a warm-colored outfit; genius! Good for you having Valentine's plans! I hope you have a blast!

xoxox
theefface.blogspot.com

Kristian said...

Happy Va;entine's Day! You look so cute in your pink-ness!

Dus of Cuddly Cacti said...

i can't believe you never showed it before, it is such a lovely dress & i really love the silk top under and fun tights! so fun to spend the day w/ your hubs even if he was working! did you not have to work today? unfortunately i've only seen my hubs for a few mins this morning but it's ok because we'll celebrate on the weekend : ) glad you two could enjoy something special! you'll have to show us him all dressed up too please.
http://dusanabotswana.com

Lindsey Louise Bales said...

first, so many colors in this outfit! (that is the main reason why it is so wonderful). second, i love how you paired the dress with the blouse under it (i always forget i can do that with summer dresses?!).
you are inspiring me to wear more colors together.. i must get that down!

lindsey louise

hellomrrabbit.blogspot.com

The Dragonfruit said...

Aw, so glad you and your man got to spend Valentines together! Also glad you broke out that gorgeous dress! The pinkness, polka dots...and the fushcia blouse underneath with mint tights make for a fun and flirty combination :D

Enter to win a $40 voucher to InDressMe!
Trendy Teal

Ali Hval said...

Oh my, what a pretty dress! I'm amazed we haven't been able to see such a lovely peice yet. And paired with those pretty aqua tights, it's just even more lovely.

I hope you and your man had a fabulous Valentines Day! I spent mine with my daddy for lunch. :) <3

Laura said...

Hi! Your blog is so lovely and you' ve got such an amazing and unique style..i was wondering if you would to follow each other..what do you think? Let me know <3

Http://gowestyoungcowgirl.blogspot.com

Midwest Muse said...

What a beautiful dress and you always have such a knack for layering. It's wonderful.