Monday, August 18, 2014

Outfit: Tropical Dress


Good Monday morning cats! Today is the first day of school here and thank goodness I work in afterschool. That means I will still have my mornings to myself :) I am nervous about starting again this year though. Last year was the most difficult I have ever had in terms of students and behavior issues. I really hope that this year will be a bit calmer and less stressful.
It is technically still summer weather though, so I have to share this very tropical summer dress I thrifted a couple of months ago. It was made in Hawaii which really is no surprise considering the print and style. I don't think it is vintage, but it definitely has that retro feel to it that I love. I couldn't resist wearing these little white earrings I have with it too, they were the perfect match!













God Bless,
KJA

James 1:5
If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.


Wearing:
Dress- Thrifted
Shoes- Lowry Mall
Sunglasses- Old, from when I was a kid
Earrings- Vintage Avon

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the Hawaiian print on this dress and your hair is perfect with it! Good luck on your first day of school :)
Amia

lisa said...

This dress was such a great find! It definitely has a vintage look to it. I hope this year is smoother for you!

Samantha said...

Ahhh, this dress is so fun! I love the shade of blue and the bright flowers. It has such a great classic shape to it too, very feminine and pretty!

I hope the kids are sweeter this year :)

Cathy said...

That dress looks fabulous on you! Love it!

Jennifer Rainey said...

Gorgeous print and color! What a great find. Also, I love your hair in this shoot. So pretty!

Good luck with going back to school-- hopefully you'll have better luck with your students this year!

Cheers,
Jenny

Kristian said...

The hair and sunglasses really give it that perfect vintage vibe, even if the garment isn't vintage itself.

Keit said...

Kids are awful most of the time, I really hope this time it will be different for you, you're such a sweet person, you deserve a little rest!
And yay, another vintage magical dress, I love the sunnies too! ^^

Jessie Swenson said...

Your hair is just fantastic! The whole outfit is perfect on you.