Friday, November 23, 2012

The One Day of the Year I Don't Want to Shop

Hello all! Well today is 'Black Friday.' Today is the day I stay inside and snuggle on the couch with my hot chocolate thinking about all of the crazies out there who are shopping. My family have never been those to go out and about shopping the day after Thanksgiving. This is for a few reasons. 1. We are too passive: we would never be able to run ahead of someone else to get an item before they do, we would be more likely to get it and then say, "Oh here, did you want this? You can have it." 2. We are lazy: Seriously get up that early in the morning just to wait in lines in the freezing cold? I don't think so. 3. We are the type that wait until, like the day before Christmas to finally finish up our shopping. I just can't make decisions ok!

Haha, so props to you if you are a black Friday shopper! I hope you had fun and I do admire your tenacity ;)


This is what I wore for the drive to my hubby's hometown. It was such a nice comfy dress and these tights from target are probably the most comfortable and stretchy I own. I may have gone a bit color/print crazy on this one, but it was a bit out of the box for me, which is never a bad thing!







I've spent the past couple of days playing with little kitties, learning how to make strudels with my mother in law, and enjoying a gorgeous Thanksgiving Day snowfall (pics to come of course!).  I'm looking forward to my mother visiting me tomorrow! I don't know what all we plan on doing, but I'm always thankful for her smile and hugs!


Psalm 100:4-5
Enter His gates with thanksgiving; go into His courts with praise. Give thanks to Him and praise His name. For the Lord is good. His unfailing love continues forever, and His faithfulness continues to each generation.




Wearing:
Earrings-  Gift from my lovely sister :)
Hat, Dress, Cardigan, Tights (oops)-  All from Target
Belt-Vintage
Shoes- Kohl's


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

DITTO on all three of your reasons why I don't go shopping on Black Fri. Not to mention, who wants to go out of their house on a day that bears the name "Black Fri"? :) Love your cute red belt...I'm always picking up vintage belts here and there, just love them!

<3 Cambria
jupefashion.blogspot.com

Jessi said...

I'm not black friday shopping either! Working retail for a few years kind of took the fun out of it haha. This year I slept in, then worked 9-5 at the bank, which was totally DEAD.
You look SO cute here! I have those tights too! They seriously go with everything I love them. Your boots are amazing and I love the color combo you came up with!
-Jessi
haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

Sea of Teal said...

Hi Katie,
love your look! I found you via chictopia and loved your last outfitpost!
Please check out my blog. Maybe we can follow each other? I would love to!
Greetings XO,
Teal

http://seaofteal.blogspot.de

The Dragonfruit said...

Haha, I do have to agree with your three points - those are the main reasons I've avoided Black Friday shopping in the past. However, my fellow fashionista friend pulled me into going shopping with her on Friday, although we didn't go till about 8 in the morning (which is still too early for me :b haha). So we avoided the crazies, but still scored on some deals!
I love the print mixing and colors you're rocking in this outfit girl. Those tights are perfect!

Enter to win a statement cuff from ManEater – international giveaway!
Trendy Teal

Dus of Cuddly Cacti said...

oh i def wouldnt say you went print/color crazy, the shades go perfectly together & that dress is a perfect cut on you. my fam never goes shopping on black friday either, i never even realized ppl like actually did that until i was an adult i think hhaa.
http://dusanabotswana.com