Saturday, November 24, 2012

House Dress

I'm still staying at my in laws for the weekend, so simplicity was key in packing. I brought a bunch of vintage house dresses and some really thick knit sweaters because I knew it was going to be super cold. This was perfect and comfy for a game night of Uno and The Game of Things around the dinner table! For the record I am apparently the worst Uno player in the history of the game. I got to 500 points so fast it would make your head spin. Oopsy daisy....

 


This outfit is actually a collection of stolen items. A few years back I stole this dress from our dress up box at home. I think my mother must have worn it at some point for a while. She purchased it at the thrift store ages ago and we used to dress up in it as kids. It has the dreamiest full skirt and POCKETS which I adore. Not to mention the fun leaf print. Have I gushed about this dress enough yet? :) 
I stole the sweater from my older sister. I think it is perhaps a kid's sweater, but that makes it perfect for my purposes. It is a thick knit and has a shorter cut, which means it is ideal to pair with my high waisted vintage items









I hope you all have a lovely weekend! I absolutely cannot WAIT to have my mama come visit me for the day. There's just something so comforting about your mom even after you become an adult. She's like my best friend!

God Bless all :)
KJA

Colossians 2:6-7
And now, just as you accepted Christ Jesus as your Lord, you must continue to follow him. Let your roots grow down into him, and let your lives be built on him. Then your faith will grow strong in the truth you were taught, and you will overflow with thankfulness





Wearing:
Sweater, Dress- Hand me down/vintage
Belt- Vintage
Shoes- Target
Tights- Dollar store

9 comments:

Ali Hval said...

"a collection of stolen items" hahaha! That's funny how everything is pretty much someone else's... always nice to see how you can wear other people's things, no? I love the blue theme. And also my goodness your hair is so long and beautiful, I hope that mine can be that gorgeous one day!~

I hope your Thanksgiving was lovely, Miss Katie! :D

Monique said...

I love the print of that dress, so cool it belonged to your mom.

The Dragonfruit said...

The shades of blue are just gorgeous on you - it's totally your color! :)
Haha, and I never was any good at Uno either. Still, it can be fun.
Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Enter to win a statement cuff from ManEater – international giveaway!
Trendy Teal

Unknown said...

What a great dress! The pattern is perfect, and paired with that sweater, it looks so super comfy!

Glad that you had a wonderful holiday and some mother/daughter bonding time ahead to look forward too.

xoxo,
Laura
http://lauraisthriftingthroughlife.blogspot.com/

Jessi said...

My mom is one of my best friends too! I love that I'm not the only one who wears kid's clothing haha! Sometimes it just works perfectly. This dress is so fun I love the leaf pattern, and have I ever mentioned you have the most gorgeous hair?!
-Jessi
haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

Kristian said...

So true about mothers. Also- it is awesome this used to be a dress-up item and is now part of your real wardrobe. That's one of the best clothing stories!

Ashley of Southern (California) Belle said...

I love dresses with pockets! This is such a great dress and you look so pretty. I'm loving your hair too :)

xo

Ashley

Southern (California) Belle

Dus of Cuddly Cacti said...

that sounds so wonderful! I don't even remember the last time I played Uno or any board games, which is a shame because that's one of my fav activities w/ friends (what I get for being stuck at work/school nowadays : ( but anyway, glad you had a wonderful time w/ family, sounds great!! Beautiful pattern on that dress & that sweater is perfection!! really perfect little pattern on it & everything, maybe bcuz it's real vintage : )
http://dusanabotswana.com

Marisa Noelle said...

Oh Uno...haha...that game frustrates the life out of me, but I can never help but play it :) Another out of this world vintage dress from you and a hand me down, even better! Seriously, come antiquing with me sometime! Which reminds me, I desperately need to stock up on heavy sweaters as well. Have a lovely week Katie! Oh and I'm shipping your adorable cardi bag to you tomorrow :) xo Marisa