Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Smile


Alright, so the weather is finally going to start cooling off here shortly, so what does one do with their favorite summer dress? Why layer a vintage blouse underneath of course! I'm not much for wearing spaghetti straps on their own, but there are endless options when it comes to what one can layer under and over a dress like this. I'm so giddy for fall it's incredible. I'm so excited to transition my summer pieces into cooler weather and try out some new layering techniques (speaking of layering, have you checked out this girl's blog yet? She's a wealth of information :) ). I feel as though my style is going to change considerably once the temps drop. No more throwing on the easy dress/shoes/bag and out the door, I'll have to start thinking of scarves, sweaters, coats, hats...the list goes on!


Hope you find something to smile about today! What made me smile happened was when I was cuddling with my kitties. Phineas was asleep and he wrapped both of his paws around my arm and pulled it close so he could snuggle. My heart may have melted just a bit. What has made you smile so far today?

God Bless!
KJA

Psalm 16:11
You make known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand.


Wearing:
Dress, Oxfords- Target

Blouse- Grandmother's

10 comments:

Amia said...

Layering those two pieces was such a good idea, love the pattern on your dress :)
Amia

Bethie The Boo said...

I adore this dress so much, the birdies just make it so cute. Layering something under it is a fantastic idea! I've done that with a couple of pieces too and I love the results!

Hannah Gottlieb-Graham said...

Such a fun layering idea! This dress is too cute!

Xo, Hannah

sweetsweetnoir.net

JennaStevie said...

This is such a gorgeous summer piece, and the way you added the top underneath is perfect for fall or making it more office appropriate. Such a great pattern!
xJennaD

Marlen said...

aww your kitty's cuddle move is so precious! and i LOVE how you styled this dress- the blouse underneath it made it so adorable. and haha awww thanks for mentioning my blog ;) you're so sweet!

xo marlen
Messages on a Napkin

Imogen said...

Great idea. The dress with the blouse underneath makes a fabulous combination. Keeping wearing your gorgeous summer dresses for as long as possible. I adore the sweet print. In the winter than just passed I was a lot better than usual at getting use out of my warm weather dresses. Kitty kittys always make me smile too.

Linda B said...

Haha, oh yes, Marlen is the master of layering!
Love the blouse under your fabulous dress. I just adore anything bird printed :)

The Dragonfruit Diaries

Taylor Laree said...

So cute. I love the layering, especially with the ruffly top. And that pattern is really fun as well.

And yeah, Marlen is the master of layering!

Flounces & Hubbub

Tatiana and the Deathly Fashion said...

Layering is SO great once you get the hang of it. You won't want to stop! I love the whole spaghetti strap with this blouse, looks really great!

xo
thedeathlyfashion.blogspot.com

Laura said...

I absolutely adore this dress - the print is wonderful! Isn't fall just the best time ever for fashion? And I just knew that you were talking about Marlen when you mentioned layering - she's so awesome!

xoxo,
Laura
lauraisthriftingthroughlife.blogspot.com